Code of Conduct - Discussion Rules and Best Practices
As part of our commitment to make LG Community Forum a great place to resolve issues and interact with others, you agree to abide by our code of conduct. Your commitment to these guidelines in all of your activities on the community forum ensures a positive experience for all participants.
LG is not responsible for the content or activities in any user-created format. We reserve the right to ban or terminate your access to the community forum or delete content, without notice, found to be in violation of the code of conduct.
USE THE SEARCH BAR FIRST
In this large community, it is expected that there may be some repeat questions and answers floating around. This will save you a lot of time if you use the search bar at the top of the page. it will bring up what you are looking for and provide a quick solution to your issue.
CHOOSE HELPFUL OR NOT HELPFUL
VOTE! VOTE!! VOTE!!
Yes, let everyone know if a suggested answer or comment is helpful or not helpful. This is the most powerful tool on the community forum, when you endorse an answer, it will help other members of the community who have the same problem.
When someone responds to your question and you are satisfied that the solution works perfectly for you. Ensure to accept that answer by clicking the YES or NO option on "Did this answer the question?" .
BE A GOOD NEIGHBOR
- Please treat all online participants with respect and do not use this community to threaten, harass of talk to any one in a disrespectful manner.
- We do not tolerate any form of verbal abuse or harassment of community members who are here to find solutions online.
- LG reserves the right to remove user-created content that advocate or encourage expressions of violence, bigotry, racism, hatred, obscenity, or profanity.
- The site administrators may, at will and without notice, remove postings or ban participants that are deemed objectionable or that violate this code of conduct.
- Impersonating an LG employee, manager, developer or another user is forbidden.
- Do not use the community forum to spam others. Spam includes sending identical and irrelevant or unsolicited submissions to many different users, and includes misrepresenting the source of anything you post.
- Refrain from inappropriate language and derogatory or personal attacks, such comments may be flagged and not published.
- Watch your sense of humor, your good humor may easily be misinterpreted in text.
- Please do not post in all caps or use urgent phrasing.
CHOOSING WRONG CATEGORY FOR QUESTIONS
Ensure that you post your discussion in the right category in order to get the right help from the community. Refrain from posting the same question to several product sections.
ASK DETAILED QUESTION
Do not just into conclusion that everybody will understand your question, ensure to provide adequate information that will help other members of the community in assisting you.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO AVOID
- Please do not share personal information such as credit card information or house address.
- Avoid discussing personal contact information within a private message thread with a non LG Moderator.
RESTRICTED AND ABUSIVE BEHAVIORS
The following and some other unexpected behaviors may get you banned on the community forum.
- Avoid discussions about how to get around an LG customer policy.
- Avoid encouraging others to violate the community guidelines
- Do not posting unacceptable images or videos.
- Do not posting or link to adult or pornographic content
- Do not attempt to impersonate any LG Moderator, staff or employee.
- Do not create multiple user accounts.
- Do not engage or promote illegal activity.
- Do not post bigoted or hateful speech.
- Do not post spam or irrelevant links