Skip to Content

SJ9 won't pair with subwoofer

Hi there I purchased an SJ9 sound bar yesterday and have not been able to get the subwoofer to connect to the sound bar.

SJ9 won't pair with subwoofer

Posted on 2018-03-31 12:03:14 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi there

I purchased an SJ9 sound bar yesterday and have not been able to get the subwoofer to connect to the sound bar.

I've repeatedly gone through the process outlined in the manual and on the LG help site. The subwoofer either gets stuck on a flashing green LED without ever connecting, or it changes to a solid green indicator for a few seconds before going to a flashing red indicator.

Strangely enough, after leaving the subwoofer unplugged overnight, it connected when I turned it on in the morning. However this only lasted about an hour or two, after which it disconnected and refused to connect again.

I've done the mute button subwoofer reset method, I've switched the bar and the subwoofer on and off in different orders and I've repeatedly put the subwoofer into pairing mode with no success.

Any advice?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SJ9 won't pair with subwoofer

DeltaBradDeltaBrad Member
    Posted on 2018-04-01 20:40:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I returned the unit to the store and got a new one. This one was faulty. 
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: SJ9 won't pair with subwoofer

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-09-07 16:53:07 Vote Up0Vote Down

This thread has been answered, and I will be closing it now. If you feel this was done in error, please direct message me.

This discussion has been closed.