Skip to Content

SJ5Y Soundbar switches input from ARC to HDMI when turned off.

Almost every time I turn my system on, I have to use the soundbar remote ('F' button) to switch the input from HDMI back to HDMI/ARC input.  Not sure if my …

SJ5Y Soundbar switches input from ARC to HDMI when turned off.

Posted on 2018-04-07 18:38:19 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
Almost every time I turn my system on, I have to use the soundbar remote ('F' button) to switch the input from HDMI back to HDMI/ARC input.  Not sure if my wiring configuration is correct either which may have something to do with this.  My configuration is:  Direct TV receiver box to Soundbar with 4K HDMI cable (18 Gps HDMI 2.0), then a standard HDMI cable from soundbar to my LG TV.  Anybody?  Thanks in advance...
Tagged:

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SJ5Y Soundbar switches input from ARC to HDMI when turned off.

mmmcdeemmmcdee Member
    Posted on 2018-04-28 22:20:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a similar setup that DEEBOW has above. I have the LG 65 inch OLED c7p with the LG SK10y Soundbar, LG SPK8 surround speakers and DirecTV C61k 4K box. I am using Monster HDMI 27gbs UltraHD Black Platinum 4K High-Speed HDMI from the DirecTV box to the Soundbar HDMI 1 input and on the HDMI ARC port I have the another Ultra Black Platinum Monster Cable from the soundbar to the HDMI ARC port on the back of the OLED TV.  I confirmed that the HDMI cables are plugged in correctly with the arrows going in the proper direction on the HDMI cables. My issue is the same:  I also have to select HDMI 1 through the F function on the Soundbar remote to switch to the DirecTV box when I power on all the units. I've even tried to power on the the DirecTV box first and wait about 10 seconds before I power on the Soundbar and TV separately.  To get them to work properly I have to power off my panamax power conditioner completely to shut everything off all the way and then power everything on and the connection works properly. This might be a DirecTV c61k box problem, not sure.

Note to DEEBOW, possible wiring cofiguation idea: that you make sure that the HDMI cable is connected with the arrows on the connectors pointing to the TV away from the soundbar.  The ARC pinout is reversed internally so that conductor is pointing back to the soundbar or to a receiver if that is used.  Just a thought.