Skip to Content

No longer connects to wifi

I have a BH9230BW home theater system in which it will no longer connect to my home wifi. It will connect via ethernet fine, but not wifi.

No longer connects to wifi

Posted on 2018-04-08 03:41:28 Home Theater Systems Vote Up0Vote Down

I have a BH9230BW home theater system in which it will no longer connect to my home wifi. It will connect via ethernet fine, but not wifi. I am in need of the internal wireless module to replace the bad one. Is this user replaceable?Also, if there is a .pdf version of the repair manual for this model, can anyone direct me to where I can obtain it? Thanks!

Delete this message sent 6 minutes ago from Joey Coco
6m6 minutes agoSent

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: No longer connects to wifi

jessejesse Member
    Posted on 2018-04-20 18:13:30 Vote Up-1Vote Down
    i'm having wifi connection issues as well.  i'm pretty sure i need to replace the wifi module as well.  i'm interested to see if LG does anything about this, as my tv isn't even 2 years old.
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: No longer connects to wifi

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-10 15:16:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @JoeyCoco, Good day,

Have you tried to change the modem / router configuration to WEP, WPA, or WPA2? try different channels to see which one is best for the TV in your neighborhood (you can download a WiFi analyzer to see what channels your neighbors are using that may cause interference). If you believe its a physical issue with your WiFi module, you are able to have a tech inspect it. https://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-service/schedule-repair-us