Skip to Content

LG V30 Loudspeaker issue (H932SV)

has anyone else had crackle/pop occur from loudspeaker. I find that it occurs prominently during alarm tones (example.

LG V30 Loudspeaker issue (H932SV)

Posted on 2017-10-31 19:22:40 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down

has anyone else had crackle/pop occur from loudspeaker. I find that it occurs prominently during alarm tones (example. Daybreak alarm tone) when set alarm goes off. also transitions between apps with audio playing. Speaker sounds just fine with YouTube videos and games. The sound issue seems to only revolve around all pre-installed audio tones and system tones(I have sound and touch feedback off). I don't believe that it's a Hardware issue, so I hope a software update in the future resolves it, but if anyone knows a fix please let me know.

T-mobile LG V30 H932SV

3 REPLIES

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG V30 Loudspeaker issue (H932SV)

SyaoranSyaoran Member
    Posted on 2017-11-03 20:52:22 Vote Up0Vote Down

Have you tried adding in your own alarm sounds to try? It might just be the audio file formation the stock sounds are using or they might have been encoded by garbage software.

• Reply Title Icon

James33James33 Member
    Posted on 2017-11-17 12:15:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If your device under warranty, claim on that better being panic
  • Reply Title Icon

stf7stf7 Power User
    Posted on 2017-11-18 14:49:07 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I tried setting an alarm on my V30 and when it went off with one of the system tones worked perfectly while the unit also vibrated.

The fact that you don't experience any speaker issues when listening to YouTube and games, but you also experience when transitioning between apps suggests to me, there's no issue with the phone or the speaker, but something is hogging CPU cycles that causes the audio to be degraded. 

Have you downloaded anything that may be CPU intensive that runs in the background?  Go into Settings and select Smart Cleaning. Then let it clear memory and hault unused apps. Set another alarm. Does the problem still occur?

OK, maybe download a program that lets you see what is consuming CPU cycles. 

Is there something consuming WiFi or Cellular bandwidth in the background?

More sluething in order I guess.