Skip to Content

Intermittent SH7B Soundbar Audio Issues

I have a new OLED55B7P-U television with an SH7B soundbar connected using an optical cable.

Intermittent SH7B Soundbar Audio Issues

Posted on 2018-04-22 14:18:40 edited April 2018 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a new OLED55B7P-U television with an SH7B soundbar connected using an optical cable. The input to the TV is via an HDMI cable connected to a Pace, Xfinity HD box. Audio out intermittently changes to: very low-volume; OR to music only and no voices. Appears random at times, but changing channels will cause the effect. Changing the Sound Bar sound effect using the Sound Bar remote brings the audio back.

Almost certainly a configuration issue, but I am not sure where to start. All suggestions are welcome.

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Intermittent SH7B Soundbar Audio Issues

19GRC5119GRC51 Member
    Posted on 2018-04-24 22:49:37 Vote Up-1Vote Down
    By turning on the internal speakers and resetting all the options that supposedly only affect the internal speakers, then selecting the optical cable only, I was able to eliminate most, but not all of the soundbox issues.

The sound still wigs out whenever we change channels, but at least we are not suffering the loss of sound whenever a commercial or special alert banner was displayed.
  • Reply Title Icon

rlinkrlink Member
    Posted on 2018-05-18 18:40:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same here with my setup.  Have issues with sound dropping out or lowering volume on my LG 65C8PUA TV and LG SK10Y sound bar.
  • Reply Title Icon

rlinkrlink Member
    Posted on 2018-06-05 15:43:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well I fixed my lip sync and sound dropouts by changing the audio output on my Cox Contour 2 box to Stereo.  If I use 5.1 Surround or Expert Mode the sound starts messing up again.
  • Reply Title Icon

rlinkrlink Member
    Posted on 2018-06-07 14:51:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well two good things.  LG has a local technician coming out to access the service menu on my TV and change the HDMI sound options.  PCM will go away and they will add AC3 which will allow the TV to pass through a true 5.1 signal to my SK10Y sound bar.  In the meantime, I connected the sound bar to the cable box using HDMI and kept the HDMI/ARC connection between the TV and sound bar.  Turned down the sound on the TV speakers and now I have great booming sound.  Picture passes through the sound bar just fine.