Skip to Content

No audio - TV stops outputting audio after updating to firmware release 04.70.07

I am having an issue with my OLED65C7P-U. I can consistantly reproduce this problem.

No audio - TV stops outputting audio after updating to firmware release 04.70.07

Posted on 2017-11-02 20:53:45 edited November 2017 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

I am having an issue with my OLED65C7P-U. I can consistantly reproduce this problem. Any input device that sends digital 5.1 or higher audio over HDMI to the TV will cause all the inputs (including the built in Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu apps) to stop processing audio when you switch the input to a new device. The only way to temporarly fix it is to run the Sound Test under the sound menu on each input. I have been dealing with LG for a week on this issue and no one seems to have an answer for me. This does not happen when you switch from a device that is only outputting PCM stereo over HDMI. We need this fixed ASAP LG!
Firmware 04.70.07
Nothing fixes this problem, factory reset, unplugging for a day, nothing.

This issue just started with this recent firmware release 04.70.07. LG please release an update that fixes this issue.

Tagged:
tomwalden34

15 REPLIES

• Reply Title Icon

RE: No audio - TV stops outputting audio after updating to firmware release 04.70.07

jimsol1jimsol1 Member
    Posted on 2017-11-03 19:41:58 Vote Up0Vote Down

Same tv, same issues. Actually returned first tv to Best Buy and second tv did same thing. I was troubleshooting and found unplugging tv and replugging it would return sound. Then discovered sound test which made it a bit easier. Switching between hdmi inputs with remote triggers sound failure but I was able to get sound back by going to hdmi 3 first then back to 1 or 2. Still not happy. Jim

• Reply Title Icon

RE: No audio - TV stops outputting audio after updating to firmware release 04.70.07

wizavewizave Member
    Posted on 2017-11-05 09:45:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Jim, I recommend you open a case with LG support. They need to know this is a widespread issue caused by this latest firmware. Otherwise they will never look at this with any sense of urgency. The more of us that do so will hopefully make them release a fix soon.
  • Reply Title Icon

wizavewizave Member
    Posted on 2017-11-09 15:30:24 Vote Up1Vote Down
    LG replaced the main board with a new board running 03.60.16 and this issue went away. I turned off auto updates so that 04.70.07 will not apply itself. LG please look into this and release a patch so that I can update my TV without worring about the same issue occuring again.
  • Reply Title Icon

AustinFTWAustinFTW Member
    Posted on 2017-11-12 15:41:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm having the exact same issue, and given I just purchased that TV (ironically on I got on the day the firmware was made available) and this is quite frustrating. I don't have any exotic setup, just the sound for all inputs to the receiver through HDMI ARC (and verified the issue on two different receivers). As pointed in the original post this doesn't seem to affect stereo signals; and either doing a sound test or in my case switching to the ARC input and then back to the desired input resolves the issue.

LG please acknowledge this issue and let us know you are adequately prioritizing and working on a firmware fix to be rolled out as soon as possible. Everything else about this TV is fantastic, but this is certainly disappointing.
  • Reply Title Icon

johndrustjohndrust Member
    Posted on 2017-11-15 00:43:22 Vote Up0Vote Down
    it’s the software update without a doubt 2nd tv in 2 days doing same problem with me after i️ installed the software update after first time setup took 1st tv back to pc richard thinking tv was defective and i️ just hooked up 2nd tv with no problems at all and after doing update same thing happened again no sound on any hdmi ports 
  • Reply Title Icon

AustinFTWAustinFTW Member
    Posted on 2017-11-15 18:29:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @johndrust @wizave

I'm still getting a bit of a runaround on this from LG but planning to try optical tomorrow and escalate from there. I do have a case open and it seems this hasn't been widely reported (yet).

Out of curiosity which brands of AV Receivers are you guys using/having problem with? I've tried two Sony STRs and have the same issue on both.
  • Reply Title Icon

BmglickmanBmglickman Member
    Posted on 2017-11-17 03:42:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the exact same issue with my brand-new 65E7P. LG sent out a company that ended up replacing the main circuit board. Same issue. No solution (other than the sound test hack). Totally unacceptable for a top-of-the-line TV.
  • Reply Title Icon

mprimarmprimar Member
    Posted on 2017-11-19 19:21:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I had the same "no sound" issue after installing latest software (49UJ6500).  Reset to Factory Settings and went through the setup.  The sound is back.
  • Reply Title Icon

gkhicksgkhicks Member
    Posted on 2017-11-22 22:42:38 edited November 2017 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG acknowledged the issue in late October... yet pushed the firmware out to the public the first week of November.  No idea when a fix for the faulty firmware (4.70.06/07/10) will be released, but to LG's credit, they finally pulled the firmware from the support website!
  • Reply Title Icon

gkhicksgkhicks Member
    Posted on 2017-11-24 22:23:18 Vote Up-1Vote Down
    Just applied the latest firmware that was posted LG US... 4.70.30... in hopes that it fixed the dolby sound issue... still not good!  :-(
  • Reply Title Icon

costaj31costaj31 Member
    Posted on 2017-11-27 18:30:21 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having same audio problem on OLED55C7P (lose audio when switch HDMI inputs).  When will LG fix this?
  • Reply Title Icon

costaj31costaj31 Member
    Posted on 2017-11-29 00:39:10 Vote Up2Vote Down
    I loaded software version 04.70.30 and the same problem continues...I will continue to call LG about a fix.  Sigh.  Anyone get this problem fixed?
    tomwalden34
  • Reply Title Icon

BTRBTR Member
    Posted on 2017-11-29 02:23:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Add another to the list.  My 3 day old, out of the box Oled B7 decided to do the very same thing. After firmware update then no sound.  Having a few of these modern electronics do strange things after firmware updates, I unplugged the set, hit the power bottom on the set, plugged it back in and sound was back......until air switched inputs again. No sound.  As stated above, the HDMI switch to hdmi 2 and then back to 1 or 3 fixes the issue along with sound test or unplugging it.  LG will go back,to store this weekend if no solution forthcoming from LG.
  • Reply Title Icon

DrPhibesDrPhibes Member
    Posted on 2017-11-29 16:09:22 Vote Up0Vote Down

We have a brand new (1 week old) OLED55B7 TV and a SH4 soundbar connected to it. We have the TV connected to the soundbar by optical. A SKY satellite box is connected to the TV’s HDMI2 port. The problem we have is that when we turn the TV on we get no sound (the TV defaults to HDMI2 – the SKY box). The SH4 soundbar shows “OPT/HDMI ARC” in the LED screen. We have to change the source to either Live TV (Freesat) or Netflix (both of which have sound) and then change back to HDMI2 to get sound working on HDMI2 (the SKY box). We have connected the SKY box to the TV with a brand new high speed HDMI cable to see if that cured the problem but it doesn’t.

• Reply Title Icon

BTRBTR Member
    Posted on 2017-11-29 23:39:10 Vote Up2Vote Down
    Just an update... spoke to LG VIP support and the firmware update is less than 2 weeks out so a little while to wait for the fix. 3 ways to fix ...1) perform sound test...2) switch to HDMI 2 then back to your desired input...3) unplug TV then plug back in.    LG recommends sound test!
    tomwalden34