Skip to Content

The return of 3D "Since we have120hz and G-sync. passive and active 3D"

LG's tv's are now 120hz and g-sync compatible and older LG OLED Flaship tv's had passive 3D while not even having that spec, so i'm wondering if LG can bring back 3D for us, I currently have the last 3D model the C9 "2016 4k OLED TV" and enjoy 3D movies since they add some much depth but i want to upgrade to 120hz for gaming .

The return of 3D "Since we have120hz and G-sync. passive and active 3D"

Posted on 2020-01-15 06:10:24 Signature Vote Up0Vote Down
LG's tv's are now 120hz and g-sync compatible and older LG OLED Flaship tv's had passive 3D while not even having that spec, so i'm wondering if LG can bring back 3D for us, I currently have the last 3D model the C9 "2016 4k OLED TV" and enjoy 3D movies since they add some much depth but i want to upgrade to 120hz for gaming . I currently 3D game with a 120hz 1440P TN monitor that uses 3D VISION 2 and its amazing for games like the Witcher 3 .. but i can only imagine how much i would enjoy the Witcher 3/etc on a OLED and having the depth of 3D
i would also like smaller models, i game on my 55" but such a huge screen is only good for some games, so i want another 55" for cinematic games like Dishonored, Movies and tv shows and another smaller screen for use as a monitor.

The minimum work LG would have to do is add a 3D option back into the software and a bit of copy and pasting from the old 2016 LG passive 3D and turn 3D on from the menu, just something so i can have a upgrade path for my TV.

The most would be to add a 3D button back on the magic remote and adding Active 3D VISION 2 support "Nvidia will help with that anyway" , unless Active doesn't work on OLED , they uhh change it with nvidias help or just stick with Passive.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: The return of 3D "Since we have120hz and G-sync. passive and active 3D"

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2020-01-15 20:17:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mostwanted, 3D would require a polarization layer to be added to the panel to produce the 3D effect. This has been removed in the manufacturing process and it would not be possible for it to be readded.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

RE: The return of 3D "Since we have120hz and G-sync. passive and active 3D"

sasaassosasaasso Member
    Posted on 2020-02-15 15:43:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG's tv's are now 120hz is very nice