Skip to Content

DVR control fast forward for apple tv PS Vue via LG TV magic remote

Is there a way, from an LG magic remote, to replicate the control of an appletv remote control touchpad via LG magic remote.

DVR control fast forward for apple tv PS Vue via LG TV magic remote

Posted on 2018-05-16 04:06:47 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

Is there a way, from an LG magic remote, to replicate the control of an appletv remote control touchpad via LG magic remote. My appletv is connected hdmi to video1 of a new Sony receiver (str dn1080) and then that receiver to an LG oled TV via hdmi arc.. The LG magic remote does a pretty good job of controlling the appletv and the receiver itself. However, there is a glaring gap when it comes to fast forward through a show saved on PSVUE DVR.  From a regular appletv remote, this function is performed via pause and touchpad swipe. This allows you to jump forward a couple minutes at a time to skip commercials. I have not been able to replicate this via the LG magic remote. 

Otherwise, i am pleased with PS Vue as replacement for conventional cabletv and in particular with DVR feature. I stream from the app on an appletv.

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: DVR control fast forward for apple tv PS Vue via LG TV magic remote

Posted on 2018-10-29 11:49:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Update .. following updates to the firmware of the TV and or appletv OS .. in past several months .. the left and right on the 4 way controller on the magic report does a pretty good job replicating the action of the DVR control within the PSVue app running on my appletv.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: DVR control fast forward for apple tv PS Vue via LG TV magic remote

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-29 17:59:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @mft_lg,

Great to hear you got the remote working.