Skip to Content

No Signal Message displaying on TV

Are you facing issues with NO SIGNAL message? This is an open thread to discuss issues related to NO SIGNAL.

No Signal Message displaying on TV

Posted on 2017-11-06 19:33:18 edited November 2017 TV/Audio/Video Vote Up0Vote Down

Are you facing issues with NO SIGNAL message? This is an open thread to discuss issues related to NO SIGNAL. The tips below are a very good starting point to resolve the issues.

• Try switching to each other input, maybe the ports aren't labelled correctly.
  • Try connecting the HDMI cable into a different Input port, maybe the port is malfunctioning.
  • Try connecting a different device to the TV (or the same device to a different TV), maybe the other device is causing the issue.
  • Try using a different HDMI cable, sometimes cables can short-out, or degrade over time.
  • Some devices may have compatibility issues, such as some of the new 4K Blu-ray Players connected to our 4K TVs. It's possible the HDMI HDCP Handshake may be timing out (rare, but it could happen).

Watch this short video
http://players.brightcove.net/1594709527001/fb5239d7-2315-41a1-aa0a-1249403bcab2_default/index.html?videoId=4357550417001

> Still need help? Comment below!

Tagged:
daddoo74

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: No Signal Message displaying on TV

Posted on 2017-12-01 22:32:55 Vote Up-7Vote Down

Let's try the following for those having issues with their Xbox One X:

1) First thing to try is a different HDMI port.

2) If that doesn't work try a different HDMI cable.

If you have tried a different HDMI port and different cables, try the following steps:

For the TV: Go to All Settings > Picture > HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color and set the desired port to On. Select Restart when the message prompts to restart the TV.

In the Xbox settings: select Display &Sound>then Video Output>then Advanced video settings>the nselect Allow HDR. (If you have not enabled Deep Color on the TV first, Allow HDR will be greyed out and will not allow you to select it).

jad611dgougewellmate91

14 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

alasalas Member
    Posted on 2017-11-09 08:51:48 Vote Up-2Vote Down
    I have a 25um ultrawide monitor, my monitor works well with my PC but it gives no signal message when I try to connect a Laptop or other devices through HDMI ? Please Help !
  • Reply Title Icon

mattisjamnmattisjamn Member
    Posted on 2017-11-24 19:17:07 Vote Up10Vote Down
    So, I keep getting disconnections with a brand new B7a.  I've tried a different HDMI port and it worked a little better, but overall, still having problems.  Tried multiple new cables.  Source is Xbox One X.  Tried games, Netflix and Vudu, all drop signal.  Have to go back to Xbox Home or reboot before signal returns.
    ssj3kazuyath3ngineer
  • Reply Title Icon

MrsspikesMrsspikes Member
    Posted on 2017-11-25 20:03:17 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I really appreciate if someone can help me out with my no signal 
    ssj3kazuyath3ngineer
  • Reply Title Icon

ssj3kazuyassj3kazuya Member
    Posted on 2017-11-27 18:58:21 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Same here. Just got the B7A Oled 55in on black friday. Starting yesterday I've turned the TV on and lost signal while trying to play my Xbox one X. No coincidence this is happening to many LG users. My cables and devices are fine. If this doesn't get solved, I'm going back and getting the Samsung.
    th3ngineer
  • Reply Title Icon

TheGardenerTheGardener Member
    Posted on 2017-11-29 02:22:43 Vote Up4Vote Down
    I just fired up my new 65C7P and I intend to use it just with the Internet and streaming services -- so I will not have signal sources on the HDMI ports or antenna, etc.  It seems to ask me if I want to troubleshoot connectivity each time I power it up, or exit from a streaming service. Is there anyway to stop this happening?
    crazydoghtrn2004
  • Reply Title Icon

th3ngineerth3ngineer Member
    Posted on 2017-12-01 17:43:22 Vote Up1Vote Down
    I am having the same issue and it appears to align with many others that it is when using an Xbox One X with my E6. The issue appears to stem from the HDR signal. The Xbox One X and the TV don't seem to synchronize well with the HDR mode. Since the TV doesn't go into HDR mode unless it receives a signal from the Xbox that is HDR, sometimes I find the TV is stuck in HDR and the Xbox is not outputting HDR or the TV doesn't switch to HDR and the Xbox has just changed to HDR. I have found that usually I just have to restart the TV and it sometimes clears the issue, but it isn't an issue I can replicate, so it is hard to troubleshoot.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2017-12-04 16:18:08 Vote Up1Vote Down
    I can tell you that the HDMI cable doesn't make a difference because this same issue occurred with my previous Xbox One S with a different HDMI cable. As for the port, I have tried this as well, and switching it to another port only fixes it for the moment. The issue happens regardless of port. Also, I do have the HDR settings turned on for the Xbox and the HDMI HD Ultra Deep Color turned on in the TV as well. I believe the issue stems from the Xbox constantly switching between HDR and non HDR signals. The Xbox doesn't output HDR all the time. It only outputs HDR when you are playing a game or using an app that supports HDR video. When on the home screen of the Xbox it is not in HDR. This is evident because when you start an app that is HDR, the TV screen flashes and you see in the top right hand corner that the TV has changed to HDR, when going back to the Xbox home screen the TV flashes again and if you go to the picture settings you can see it is no longer HDR.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2017-12-07 03:11:42 Vote Up1Vote Down
    So I just got it on tape so it can be seen what happens. I’ll give you a rundown as well as a link to the video. I was watching Netflix via Xbox which is an HDR output signal from the Xbox. The TV is in HDR picture mode and it had been flashing a pink screen or a static screen here and there while watching. Finally the screen went black and that’s where I began recording. I waited to see if it would come back but it didn’t and it went to no signal screen saver. I then went and checked the TV picture mode which you can see in the video ends up not being HDR mode anymore. I tried turning the TV off and back on to see if it would fix itself. It didn’t work. So I used the Xbox controller to go back to the Xbox home screen which is not an HDR signal. Once I did that the screen came back since the signal it was receiving wasn’t an HDR signal anymore. I then clicked on Netflix and you can see the TV switches to HDR and Netflix screen appears. The issue with the no signal screen, at least for me, is the HDR picture on the TV switching to a non HDR mode even though the signal is still HDR. Here is the link for the video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/43et9tu965qsz87/File%20Dec%2006%2C%209%2058%2019%20PM.mov?dl=0
  • Reply Title Icon

vfriendvfriend Member
    Posted on 2017-12-08 16:00:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My problem does not involve XBox.  My HDMI ports stopped working with Dish Network.  I know I am getting a signal from the Hopper, and different cables make no difference, and none of the HDMI ports work.  Any help on this would be appreciated.
  • Reply Title Icon

dwkenney21dwkenney21 Member
    Posted on 2017-12-10 16:48:56 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the same issue of no signal on all hdmi ports with the direct tv genius.  Other devices work just fine.  Have changed the cables and no change.  Any ideas would be most helpful.
  • Reply Title Icon

krexkrex Member
    Posted on 2017-12-12 13:15:10 Vote Up4Vote Down
    I updated the driver on my 55le5500-ua around 1 December 2017 and it killed to HDMI imputs also.  The TV recognizes that something is connected, but when I try to switch to them it says "no signal" after a while.  I wonder if the new drivers are a problem and it seems terrible that LG won't let you "roll back" to a working driver.  Seems like around the first of December a lot of "no signal" problems occurred.

LeeweihuangBianca472
  • Reply Title Icon

AleAle Member
    Posted on 2017-12-12 18:53:08 Vote Up3Vote Down
    I have the C7 and the same problem with the xbox one x, playing an hdr game the tv randomly loses the hdmi signal, same issue when I come back to the dashboard (SDR). It seems a common issue on Lg 4k oled tv (many websites talk about that issue:forbes,reddit,restera and forza motorsport 7 forum), I have tried to use another cable, another hdmi port..no way..  Please give us a solution, we have bought the best tv and we want to use it at full capacites
    th3ngineer
  • Reply Title Icon

ScahtScaht Member
    Posted on 2017-12-16 16:06:26 Vote Up-1Vote Down
    I am attempting to connect an antenna to my LG smart TV........there is no listing for antenna/cable under input menu....... appreciate any help
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2017-12-17 22:49:22 Vote Up1Vote Down
    So now the latest development is that the TV doesn’t lose signal now, it just doesn’t go into HDR mode while the Xbox is outputting HDR and the colors are completely distorted..... I want my money back LG!!