Skip to Content

AN-MR650A Magic Remote Control interfering with a IR based Wireless Remote Control Switch System

HI I recently purchased a Wireless Remote Control Switch for light and fan regulation for my room.

AN-MR650A Magic Remote Control interfering with a IR based Wireless Remote Control Switch System

Posted on 2018-05-18 09:45:12 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

HI

I recently purchased a Wireless Remote Control Switch for light and fan regulation for my room. Also, I recently purchased Super UHD 4K TV with active HDR (with their so called magic remote).

The magic remote link is Magic remote

The light/fan remote is a IR remote and the TV remote transmits via RF and not IR. But the weird issue is that from last 2-3 days one of the bulbs (actually a tube light) is turning on/off when I press the power button on the TV remote !!

How can this happen? RF enabled remote controlling a IR enabled controller? Is this a known issue.

Please advice.

Regards

Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: AN-MR650A Magic Remote Control interfering with a IR based Wireless Remote Control Switch System

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-11-28 15:41:59 edited November 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello @chillin4ever086

The LG MR650A does in fact use both RF and IR for transmission. This is because our Magic Remotes allow control of other external devices that are controlled by IR (i.e. Soundbars, Blu-Ray Players, Set-top boxes). Also some functions (such as power OFF/ON, channel UP/Down) work via infrared light ray (IR).

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

-Ahmed
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: AN-MR650A Magic Remote Control interfering with a IR based Wireless Remote Control Switch System

SaarducciSaarducci Member
    Posted on 2019-01-06 23:45:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Why don't you set up the light switch to work with your magic remote, using google assistant or another similar program, and make sure the switch and TV are on different channels.