Skip to Content

need help! Remote start on washer/dryer

I just got a set of front loader LG washer and dryer. I was excited about the remote start, especially since the dryer is stacked on top of the washing machine.

need help! Remote start on washer/dryer

Posted on 2020-02-06 06:19:38 LG ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
I just got a set of front loader LG washer and dryer. I was excited about the remote start, especially since the dryer is stacked on top of the washing machine. They sit on top of a 5inch raised floor (to protect in case of leaks), however this makes it hard for me to reach the dryer control panel.

I thought the remote start would solve this, however it seems like the only way to start the dryer/washer from the app is to turn the appliances on first and then press and hold the “remote start” on the dryer or washer for 3 seconds and then I can start it with my phone.

After the loads are finished they will automatically shut off, therefore in order to do the remote start again, I have to again turn on the washer/dryer press and hold the “remote start” button for 3 seconds again before I can start with my phone app.

i feel like this is completely useless. If I have to do all of that, I might as well just start the dang washer and dryer!!

It doesn’t help with my “short people” problems as I still have to reach up on my tippy toes and press the power button and press and hold the remote start button each time.

i don’t understand the point of remote start...

or is this user error? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to keep the washer and dryer power on all the time so I can remote start whenever I want?

HELP!!!

Spent $2,000 on the set just for this feature, if it only works if you turn the power on and press and hold the remote start button for each load it’s kind of pointless!

Am I doing something wrong?

Be the first person to comment here!