Skip to Content

49UH6100 - Picture is WAY TOO DIM after resetting everything

Hi - I have the above Ultra HD LG TV, and the picture is WAY TOO DIM and getting dimmer.  Is this a known bug with this model, as doing Google searches tend to make me believe?  I have followed all your suggestions (set to HD VIVID/BRIGHT/RESET AV SETTINGS/RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.  None of these made any difference.

49UH6100 - Picture is WAY TOO DIM after resetting everything

Posted on 2020-02-13 22:49:46 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi - I have the above Ultra HD LG TV, and the picture is WAY TOO DIM and getting dimmer.  Is this a known bug with this model, as doing Google searches tend to make me believe?  I have followed all your suggestions (set to HD VIVID/BRIGHT/RESET AV SETTINGS/RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.  None of these made any difference.

Is there some sort of recall or something on this particular issue, with this particular model?  The TV is practically unusable due to this dimness.

Can someone from LG give me the scoop on this issue and how to fix?

Thank you,
ChuckQ
Tagged:

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 49UH6100 - Picture is WAY TOO DIM after resetting everything

ChuckQuarlesChuckQuarles Member
    Posted on 2020-02-15 16:56:45 edited February 19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello.... does anybody read these questions?  Is LG still a functioning company any more?
  • Reply Title Icon

ChuckQuarlesChuckQuarles Member
    Posted on 2020-02-19 22:19:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ANYBODY?   ANYBODY?  LG, are you there??   :# :# :s :s  
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2020-02-21 23:17:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    ChuckQuarles, there are not any recalls on this model. I would recommend reaching out to us for service as a tech would need to come out for a proper diagnosis.

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

TutorUTutorU Member
    Posted on 2020-03-05 20:56:34 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Check to see if Power Saver settings were accidentally enabled.  When I first got my new LG 55" 4K HDR home, unboxed, and turned on, I was shocked by the incredibly dim screen.  It took me literally 2 hrs to figure out that the original factory settings set the power saver to "on", and when I finally dug through all the picture settings options, and  turned off the power saver,  the screen brightness immediately resolved.  I was da*n near ready to return the TV!