Skip to Content

Connecting Magic Remote to Direct TV Receiver

I’m looking for suggestions as to how I get my magic remote for my LG OLED TV to control my Direct TV receiver.

Connecting Magic Remote to Direct TV Receiver

Posted on 2020-02-14 03:53:35 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I’m looking for suggestions as to how I get my magic remote for my LG OLED TV to control my Direct TV receiver. I go through the setup that you get to by selecting “Home”/“Device Connector” but both “Remote Type 1” and “Remote Type 2” do not get the magic remote to control the Direct TV receiver.  The magic remote used to control it, but for another issue I reset the TV to its initial settings and went through the setup again and now can’t get the remote to work with the Direct TV receiver.

I have a LG OLED65B8PUA TV connected to a Denon A/V receiver through the TV’s HDM2 connection (with ARC turned on).  My Comcast receiver is connected to the Denon receiver with  an HDMI cable.  I set the Direct TV receiver remote settings to IR

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Connecting Magic Remote to Direct TV Receiver

TedCrTedCr Member
    Posted on 2020-02-15 01:20:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    BradfordCooper try un-registering your remote and then registering it once again.  I don't know if it will work but off the top of my head it's all I could come up with.