Skip to Content

Wireless Speaker system for LG 5.1.2 Channel Hi-Res Audio Soundbar w/wireless subwoofer dolby atmos

I just purchase the LG - Powered Wireless Rear Channel Speakers (pair) for this soundbar.  My question is:

Wireless Speaker system for LG 5.1.2 Channel Hi-Res Audio Soundbar w/wireless subwoofer dolby atmos

Posted on 2018-05-30 20:29:46 Wireless Speakers Vote Up0Vote Down
I just purchase the LG - Powered Wireless Rear Channel Speakers (pair) for this soundbar.  My question is: Why are there wires to connect the speakers to the system?  On the LG box it states wireless but there are wires.  Is there a better speaker system for this LG soundbar that is truly wireless?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Wireless Speaker system for LG 5.1.2 Channel Hi-Res Audio Soundbar w/wireless subwoofer dolby atmos

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-11-19 16:55:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hello @gayledeane

The LG Powered Wireless Rear channel speakers are wired to each other, but wireless in the sense that they do not need to be plugged into the soundbar or TV. These are the only Rear Channel Speakers LG currently offers for our LG soundbars.

If you have any other questions regarding this, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

-Ahmed
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Wireless Speaker system for LG 5.1.2 Channel Hi-Res Audio Soundbar w/wireless subwoofer dolby atmos

h2020h2020 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-08 18:59:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Ahmed , I just received my second set of LG SPK8-S Wireless surround sound kit and I cannot get them to pair up to the LG SKY9 soundbar. Had LG support on the phone nut no help. I see they say that the remote should be able to turn off and on the surround sound but that does not work for me. Can you assist?