Skip to Content

My model LWHD1009R

My air conditioner fan runs good, but when I put it on cooling the compressor come on runs about 10 mins.

My model LWHD1009R

Posted on 2018-06-01 15:34:31 Window Vote Up0Vote Down
My air conditioner fan runs good, but when I put it on cooling the compressor come on runs about 10 mins. then it starts spitting water out the front.  Can anyone help me?

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: My model LWHD1009R

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-05 20:00:33 Vote Up0Vote Down

If you notice vapor or water spitting out from the air vent, this is not a leakage issue. Here is the explanation for this occurrence:

Misting (smoking) from air vent.

The vapor, mist or smoking form of water coming from your air vents is normal. It occurs when the room is humid, and the air coming from the vent is so cold that the moisture (in the air) condenses immediately.

This mist can be seen as water vapor, and not a refrigerant leak. There is not enough refrigerant in the system for it to be seen visibly even if it were leaking.

Water spitting/spraying out of the air vent.

Water spitting or spraying from the air vent can only happen when the fan behind the front grille picks up water from the base pan, and slings it out of the air vent. Normally, the water in the drain pan drains faster to avoid reaching a high enough level for such to happen, but if the humidity is high, or on a raining day, the water in the base pan may collect faster than it drains.

As long as the unit is tilted to the back, the water will not overflow from the front of the unit.

For more information please check https://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000014-1432830080099-water-leaks-from-unit