Skip to Content

G6 oreo update bluetooth problems

Bluetooth in the car stopped working since the oreo update. I suspect changes to the bluetooth stack causing it.

G6 oreo update bluetooth problems

Posted on 2018-06-02 04:38:27 Sprint Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Bluetooth in the car stopped working since the oreo update. I suspect changes to the bluetooth stack causing it. What changes were made to bluetooth compared to nougat?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: G6 oreo update bluetooth problems

cp1024cp1024 Member
    Posted on 2018-08-04 04:41:24 edited August 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I would have expected better from LG, you shouldnt have to ignore your customers like Samsung. I contacted support several times to no avail. The responses I got weren't even good enough to rank at subpar.
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: G6 oreo update bluetooth problems

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-22 03:29:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi.

When you remove the device from the car's UI, then try to re-pair it, what happens?  Can you post a pic of the car's UI at that point?

Can you pair the phone with other Bluetooth devices, like a headset or speaker?

As for the G6 and the Bluetooth stack, I'm not sure.  If there's a bug, I definitely want to get it reported, but I would have figured that issue would have emerged and been addressed pretty quickly. 

So, maybe there is something specifically related to the combination of your phone and your car's OS.  If you have a common car OS, then I'm leaning toward settings.  But knowing if you can pair with other devices will be helpful information.

Let me know.

Thanks,
    ~Ryan