Skip to Content

Lagging Issue ONLY with Slingbox App

My Slingbox application has an issue with "lagging", that is the audio is fine but the picture will lag and the movements look like it is frame by frame.  It …

Lagging Issue ONLY with Slingbox App

Posted on 2018-06-03 13:40:06 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
My Slingbox application has an issue with "lagging", that is the audio is fine but the picture will lag and the movements look like it is frame by frame.  It happens regularly and after about 10 seconds it catches up.  This is not happening with other apps like Netflix, etc.  I have consulted with LG Tier 2 support as well as SlingBox Tech support.  Here is what I have tried:  Wifi was giving speeds of 90-100Mbs but still switched to Ethernet which is giving me roughly 75Mbs, so speed is not the issue.  We have set the TV to not autostart but to do a full boot when we turn it on.  I have done a factory reset.   I have deleted app and reinstalled.  We have also changed the DNS settings.  No one on either side seems to know what the issue is.  I would switch to another service but none of them carry HGTV or FoodNetwork plus we have been Slingbox users for about 4 years so are kind of engrained.  TV was purchased new in January of 2018 and I don't recall if it did this initially but it has been doing for as long as I can remember.  Hopefully someone has had this similar issue so we can get resolution.  It is super frustrating watching a show and all of a sudden it starts to lag.  Also, I am not experiencing this issue on using SlingBox on any other devices in the home.  
markgroce

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Lagging Issue ONLY with Slingbox App

markgrocemarkgroce Member
    Posted on 2018-06-04 18:46:42 Vote Up-1Vote Down
    So there is a Slingbox app that you can download? I didn’t know you could pick apps? Th wonky thing that comes up on my Tile style menu is Netflix Amazon and a dozen others I don’t use. How do I download Slingbox to my oled tv?
  • Reply Title Icon

jeffreese62jeffreese62 Member
    Posted on 2018-06-05 16:25:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Go LG Content Store and search for Sling.  You can then download.  Same thing for YouTube TV and others.
  • Reply Title Icon

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-06 14:34:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @jeffreese62, Good day,

Did you you get to solve your issue when you downloaded the app from the LG content store?
  • Reply Title Icon

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-06 14:36:57 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @markgroce, Good day,

If you have a Web OS TV, there is an LG content store app you can bring up, if you are using net cast, there a download option