Skip to Content

HDMI ARC: Volume on TV does not match volume on sound bar

I have an SKM6Y sound bar hooked up to an Element (Fire) TV.

HDMI ARC: Volume on TV does not match volume on sound bar

Posted on 2018-06-21 08:25:08 edited June 2018 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an SKM6Y sound bar hooked up to an Element (Fire) TV. Changing the volume from the remote works great, however I have noticed that the volumes don't quite match. Volume 0 on TV shows MIN on sound bar, and volumes 1-15 all match on the sound bar as expected. However, when I go past 15, the sound bar will show 'Volume 16' and the TV will show 'Volume 17'. If I go up more, it gets more and more out of wack. The soud bar at volume 17 shows 19 on TV, 18 shows 23, 19 shows 27, 20 shows 31, etc.

Everything seems to work fine, and it's bearable to live with. It's just a bit of a minor annoyance. I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on why this is happening to settle the itch in my brain, when I see this.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: HDMI ARC: Volume on TV does not match volume on sound bar

CraigLGCraigLG Member
    Posted on 2018-11-20 18:58:12 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thank you for this information.  This is not an issue we have seen and it could just be a compatibility issue between the two devices.  I will pass this information on to our engineering team for further research.