Skip to Content

API/SDK of ThinQ for integration

Hi all, we need API/SDK of Thinq app to integrate our products with LG air conditioner(Q18TLZD) with single app (android/IOS app).

API/SDK of ThinQ for integration

Posted on 2018-07-02 09:37:16 LG ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
Hi all,

we need API/SDK of Thinq app to integrate our products with LG air conditioner(Q18TLZD) with single app (android/IOS app). will LP provide the API/SDK of ThinQ app?

7 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: API/SDK of ThinQ for integration

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-25 05:23:05 edited August 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    *Edit*

I apologize, the ThinQ platform is open already.

http://thinq.developer.lge.com/en/discover/partnership/

Thanks,
    ~Ryan
  • Reply Title Icon

raizyrraizyr Member
    Posted on 2018-10-20 23:55:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I'm not sure how you define open, but having to apply for a Partnership isn't exactly open, but perhaps you can prove me wrong.   If I, as a consumer that happens to be a developer, wanted to write and open source tools to integrate with LG SmartThinq devices, would my partnership application be approved, or are you only approving it for third party companies?
  • Reply Title Icon

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-11-18 17:57:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Raizyr,

That I'm not sure of.  The ThinQ dev team in Korea makes those decisions.  Security is big concern for the company, so I would guess they don't want people accessing the APIs without an API key.  The application process may just be so that they can track who is using the service, and have the ability to revoke the key if abuse is found.

Either way, it doesn't hurt to apply to see what they say :)  But no, not fully open for public dev purposes like the WebOS platform.  With WebOS, you can develop all you want, because there is still a process to release the app to the Content store (so they can still check it before it goes live).  Since the ThinQ API would be used inside of your own app, a public API would be difficult to tell what's live and what's being developed.

There are definitely more and more public APIs being created in the open source community, but most large companies have some account or registration process (to monitor usage, charge over certain thresholds, etc.).

Thanks,
    ~Ryan
  • Reply Title Icon

mscottiemscottie Member
    Posted on 2019-06-02 22:27:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Was this permission/partnership given to you?  I'd like to develop also if no one else is working on this.  Crazy why we can't get things to work together easier.
  • Reply Title Icon

rosivrosiv Member
    Posted on 2019-06-05 11:26:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hey, I am a software developer and IoT enthusiast. I am building a home automation system for my own, personal use - I am not going to release it anywhere. I was going to buy LG fridge, dryer, washer, and other Smart Thinq devices until I realized the only way to control and monitor devices is via your closed application. 

Is it possible to get a personal API key in order to integrate LG Smart Thinq devices with my existing system?

Using your mobile app is not an option as If I would have to use a dedicated app for each manufacturer I have in my system I would end up with 20 different apps, which would definitely not be either "smart" or "IoT". 
  • Reply Title Icon

tomgreen98tomgreen98 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-11 23:14:45 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I am a software developer looking to integrate my LG products with some custom home automation software I have written. I am looking for a way to integrate my LG products into this system. I was hoping to find an npm module that already works with your products or a REST API or something similar.

I took a look at the partner stuff, but its seems more focused on developing commercial products on top of the LG SmartThinQ platform. I just want to build something for myself at this point and experiment with what I can do with my 3 LG Air Conditions and any future LG products I buy.
    Sven
  • Reply Title Icon

SvenSven Member
    Posted on 2019-06-16 18:31:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a Fibaro home control.
    i like to connect my LG AIR conditioning to it with API.
    is there a posibility?