Skip to Content

Volume Control via Magic Remote stops working when I turn SIMPLINK on

I have an OLED65B7P which I love and I generally recommend to friends. I'm using ARC (on HDMI input port #2) to send the TV's audio to my home theater system.  I programmed Magic Remote to act as a universal remote and control my home theater.

Volume Control via Magic Remote stops working when I turn SIMPLINK on

Posted on 2018-07-05 06:53:08 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an OLED65B7P which I love and I generally recommend to friends. I'm using ARC (on HDMI input port #2) to send the TV's audio to my home theater system. 

I programmed Magic Remote to act as a universal remote and control my home theater. When SIMPLINK is Off, pressing the volume buttons on the Magic Remote successfully changes the home theater's volume. 

However, to get the home theater to actually receive / play the ARC audio, I found that I have to turn SIMPLINK On. When I turn SIMPLINK On, the TV audio plays beautifully through my home theater. Wonderful! But the kicker is: when SIMPLINK is On, pressing Magic Remote's volume buttons has no effect! The TV displays a little plus sign and minus sign when I press the Volume buttons on Magic Remote, but the home theater volume does not change. 

I do not see how this could be a problem with the home theater. It responds to Magic Remote exactly as expected, when the TV's SIMPLINK setting is set to Off. When I change a TV setting (change SIMPLINK to On), I am not doing anything to the home theater. It seems like the command that Magic Remote is sending, when I press the volume buttons, is being influenced by the Simplink setting. 

I've searched all over the web and haven't found anyone with the same symptoms. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 Comments