LG Connection Guide - Xbox @ 120Hz
This article illustrates how to enjoy the most out of Microsoft’s new gaming consoles the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S on LG TV.
- New consoles have the capability to boost the frame rate up to 120Hz in UHD resolution.
- Not only high frame rate support, but the frame rate can also move up and down to match the speed of video games smoothly with VRR (Variable Refresh Rate).
- And other features like HDR10 & Dolby Vision are all supported with your LG TV as below:
1. 4K 120Hz / VRR features are available with the models below. Please check whether your LG TV has the latest SW version as below or higher. You can find your TV's SW Version by going to the following locations.
- 2019 Model: All Settings >> General >> About this TV >> Software Version
- 2020 Model: All Settings >> Support >> Software Update >> Software Version
Once you have the TV's SW Version below or higher, you are good to go.
2. Once the Xbox Series X or S is connected, your LG TV will recognize the Xbox console automatically and put "XBOX" label to the HDMI port accordingly.
3. The default resolution is going to be 1080p when connected for the first time. However, your LG TV will switch to UHD Deep Color mode if the resolution is switched to 4K.
Once switched to UHD Deep Color mode, the Xbox knows the TV is capable of 4K 120Hz. You can switch the refresh rate up to 120Hz.
4. Please check ‘4K TV Detail’ on Setup menu in the middle and see if all the features checked and available.