LG CX drops ARC after a few seconds or don't play any sound (No sound with Philips Fidelio E6/12)
first of all: on my previous LG TV (Model LM660) the same speaker ran without problems in ARC-mode.
I have a huge problem with the ARC connection of my new LG CX. I am thinking about returning the TV, as this is extremely annoying on such a high price segment.
As a last chance I try to find a solution over here, because after some research I have used all possibilities that are known to me.
I'm trying to use my Philips Video E6/12 as sound for my TV. I tried it with internal apps like netflix with deactivated Dolby Atmos and with my PS4 and Apple TV (even with activated Stereo Mode to make sure I'm not using DTS).
In most situations I have no sound at all when switching to ARC and a stop symbol is displayed briefly on the right side. Sometimes ( when restarting) the sound is heard briefly through the ARC speakers and switches back to the internal speakers after a few seconds.
When reconnecting the cable to the HDMI 2 port: Sound is heard briefly and the connection is interrupted after a few seconds.
During normal operation: When changing the sound output ("Sound out") to ARC via the menu I do not get any sound. Sometimes a "stop icon" appears, also when I should have a stereo signal.
At initial installation: Audio system was detected directly and ran without problems during the whole time of operation. I can also replicate this by "Reset to factory settings".
The ARC connection is completely unstable. But the audio system does not seem to be the problem, because 1) it was running on the old TV and 2) there are no problems at the initial setup 3) I can safely say that the problem is not caused by an "unsupported audio format" like DTS, because I can't hear any sound on the Apple TV even in "stereo mode".
I already tried the following (all options one by one, not simultaneously):
- removed all other HDMI devices
- Switched to another HDMI cable which was bundled with the Xbox Series S (Ultra High Speed). However, I don't think that this might be the problem since it is working fine on the LG LM660S.
- Tried out different sound modes on my devices (e.g. PCM/stereo, Dolby Digital etc.)
- CX Settings: Turned "Quickstart+" off, as well as "SIMPLINK" and "Auto Power Sync (one by one and simultaneously)
- Switched between the different options under "Sound out" in the sound settings of the TV (e.g. Passtrough, Auto, PCM)
- Changed from bitstream to PCM in the HDMI-Setting of my devices
- Added the Speaker in Menu Connection Settings under "Universal Remote" -> It was detected as device type "Bluetooth/Sound Bar" and connection type "HDMI 2(ARC)".
Do you have any further ideas?
Thanks in advance.