Skip to Content

2.1 Channel Soundbar Model SH3K Bluetooth auto pairing

My Lg Soundbar Model SH3K has (not intentionally) started auto pairing with a TROND 2-in-1 Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter/Receiver I recently purchased for use with completely separate audio setup.  From what I can tell in the official manual  there is no way to prevent the soundbar from automatically pairing with a device.  Is this in fact the case?  It is working completely fine in it's intended use connected to our tv via an optical cable.

2.1 Channel Soundbar Model SH3K Bluetooth auto pairing

Posted on 2018-07-10 14:33:04 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
My Lg Soundbar Model SH3K has (not intentionally) started auto pairing with a TROND 2-in-1 Bluetooth V4.1 Transmitter/Receiver I recently purchased for use with completely separate audio setup.  From what I can tell in the official manual  there is no way to prevent the soundbar from automatically pairing with a device. 

Is this in fact the case?  It is working completely fine in it's intended use connected to our tv via an optical cable.

The manual has no mention of even clearing previous bluetooth pairings that have been made.  I can't even clear the soundbar's memory so that it doesn't automatically pair to the Trond Transmitter that I need to use with a different device.

Has anyone else had this issue?

pkloehn

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 2.1 Channel Soundbar Model SH3K Bluetooth auto pairing

pkloehnpkloehn Member
    Posted on 2018-07-21 19:55:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same issue, same model. I live in an apartment building and it randomly disconnects my Optical Input connection to my LG TV. Then it shuts down.

This happens in the middle of watching pretty much anything during prime time, as I'm guessing people are coming home and sitting above/below with BT mobile devices.
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: 2.1 Channel Soundbar Model SH3K Bluetooth auto pairing

Markl9556Markl9556 Member
    Posted on 2018-12-01 13:33:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    mine does the same thing I am watching tv and it will change it self to bluetooth on its own. all my bluetooth devices are turned off so i have no idea what it is connecting to help. I do a hard reset {unplug unit hold down power button for 30 sec or longer and replug} that seems to work for a while.

]