Skip to Content

How to Remove Old and Install New Gaskets in LG Refrigerator LFX25976ST with French Doors

I have a French Door, Bottom Freezer LG Refrigerator, Model LFX25976ST - with French Doors, Bottom Freezer, Ice Maker & Water Dispenser in Left Door.  It was bought and installed in 2010.

How to Remove Old and Install New Gaskets in LG Refrigerator LFX25976ST with French Doors

Posted on 2018-07-10 18:59:04 Refrigerators Vote Up0Vote Down
I have a French Door, Bottom Freezer LG Refrigerator, Model LFX25976ST - with French Doors, Bottom Freezer, Ice Maker & Water Dispenser in Left Door.  It was bought and installed in 2010. The GASKET on the RIGHT DOOR has started tearing, and I am thinking about replacing it. While replacing it, I might as well replace the gasket on the LEFT Door (containing the Ice Maker and Water Dispenser). I have been able to get the Part #s from LG.Encompass.com -- the Parts distributor for LG. But, neither LG nor Encompass has any INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS or Videos on how to do it. I have seen plenty of videos on YOUTUBE, all saying to simply quickly pull top right corner, and then removing it from the tracks from all four sides, and kind of doing a reverse when installing the new one. I have looked at the gasket in my LG refrigerator, and  the gaskets must have been  attached in a different way; it just does not seem to be capable to be just pulled out!
Can someone please help me with the procedures for removing and installing the new gaskets from this particular refrigerator.
Thank you so much.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How to Remove Old and Install New Gaskets in LG Refrigerator LFX25976ST with French Doors

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-04 16:30:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @pkorisa, Good day,

Currently we do not have any videos or content for installing the gasket on your refrigerator, with the world moving towards a DIY mentality, it is a work in progress. On your left door, have you removed the door trim that locks the gasket? after that you also need to pull the gasket back and remove the gasket retainer from the door liner (top and bottom).

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How to Remove Old and Install New Gaskets in LG Refrigerator LFX25976ST with French Doors

Gary160Gary160 Member
    Posted on 2018-10-07 23:59:33 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There is no door trim or gasket retainer. On the right side you can just remove the old gasket and press in the new one. You need two people to do the left side (or some duct tape) because you can't get to part of the gasket with the center piece on. On the center piece the rotates as you close the door you will see three places\hinges (top, center, bottom) where it's connected to the door. There are two screws that hold the center hinge that have to be removed. There are some wires behind it. Slowly side it up to remove it from the door. (Reverse process to put it back). Someone has to hold the center piece while the other person replaces the gasket. (Actually I didn't check to see if there was a clip to disconnect the wires. I just asked my wife to help). There is a spring on the bottom hinge. Put it in the closed position before trying to replace the center piece. It took me a few tries before I could get the top and bottom hinges to slide back on. I would catch either the top or bottom. You have to press towards the gasket a little to get them to line up. After you get the top and bottom to slide back on, screw the center hinge to the door. I didn't try to remove the spring on the bottom hinge. Not sure if that would make it easier. I couldn't tell how easy it would be to get the spring back in. It took me about 15 minutes.