Skip to Content

SK9Y - Connection between sound bar and subwoofer not stable

Hello, I have a SK9Y since few days and I have connection issue between the sound bar and the subwoofer. The connection is not stable at all.

SK9Y - Connection between sound bar and subwoofer not stable

Posted on 2018-07-20 17:51:22 Sound Bars & SoundPlates Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello,

I have a SK9Y since few days and I have connection issue between the sound bar and the subwoofer. The connection is not stable at all.

When starting the sound bar, the pairing between units is correctly done (steady green LED on the subwoofer).
Problem is that few seconds/minutes later the connection is lost (blinking green LED on the subwoofer). The connection may get back but not always.
The manual paring from the documentation has never worked. The only way to get the connection back is to unplug both units during few seconds (and it's even not always working). I also tried the WL RESET but it's the same result.

I though about wireless interference because units are near to a wifi router, but when I tried in a room without near connection around, I have the exact same behavior.

Do you have any advice ?

Regards,

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SK9Y - Connection between sound bar and subwoofer not stable

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-05 14:56:10 Vote Up-10Vote Down
    @mvaidie, Good day,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with your sound bar staying connected. Would you be able to test turning off your modem / router and seeing if the issue persists. If that fixes the issue, you may want to change the channels your router operates on.
    GunslingerTheIllustratedDiver
  • Reply Title Icon

chrisrosachrisrosa Member
    Posted on 2018-09-18 19:43:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Alexander ; I'm having the same issues. What are there WIFI channels you recommend avoiding? It would be nice to know rather than having to guess. Thanks

GunslingerTheIllustratedDiver
  • Reply Title Icon

OaklandsOaklands Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 21:28:25 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Just want to give I to am having the exact same issue. I ask that an LG moderator give an answer they acknowledges that users have already troubleshot the following:
    Subwoofer has been repaired
    Soundbar reset to factory settings
    Acknowledge that most routers are on an auto channel setting, and instead of suggesting to change these settings to "something else"  give more clarification on specific interference or what may becausing interference and concrete steps to follow. 

TheIllustratedDiver
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-28 21:17:12 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I'm having the same issue, reddit has dozens of users experiencing the same thing as well. @Alexander Can you offer some better advice, or escalate this issue? Otherwise I will return the item and buy another brand as it seems to be an issue with all units.
    Lmusser