Skip to Content

SmartThinQ App FAQs

Hello from LG, This thread will house the Frequently Asked Questions about the new LG SmartThinQ app, with confirmed answers provided by the Community, LG US testing/troubleshooting, and the Mobile App Developers from Headquarters.

SmartThinQ App FAQs

Posted on 2018-07-30 15:17:48 Smart ThinQ Vote Up0Vote Down
Hello from LG,

This thread will house the Frequently Asked Questions about the new LG SmartThinQ app, with confirmed answers provided by the Community, LG US testing/troubleshooting, and the Mobile App Developers from Headquarters.

While this should cover some of the more common questions, we realize there may be questions more specific to your situation, or combination of devices.  For those questions, we ask that use the site's search to see if anyone else has asked it.  However, if the question has not been asked, please post it in the SmartThinQ App Questions thread.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Why won't the app connect?
A. For troubleshooting connection issues, please visit LG SmartThinQ - How to Connect your Washer/Dryer | LG U.S.A

Q. Why does the app need so many permissions?
A. We can assure you we take your privacy very seriously. Birthdate is needed in order for the app to comply with privacy regulations. Make & Manage Phone Calls is needed for the app to determine your country using USIM info. The Use Photos, Media & Files access allows the app to determine storage space before downloading the necessary software.

Q. Why did my washer stop sending the cycle end notification?
A. For push, please remove app and reinstall.

Q. I'm having trouble registering my account.
A. Please send an email to smart.thinq@lge.com with a copy of your review, your phone model number, OS version, and software version.

Q. The app stopped working and can't reconnect to network.
A. Please delete and reinstall the SmartThinQ application.

Q. Why won't the app work on my rooted phone?
A. LG SmartThinQ is not compatible with rooted devices.

Q. The app used to connect to my appliance, but now won't connect.
A. Please disconnect the power from your unit. After reinstalling the application, restore power to the unit.

10 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: SmartThinQ App FAQs

pb123pb123 Member
    Posted on 2018-08-16 18:40:30 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    How do you add a favorite washing cycle to the appt for a washer machine?
    martygillahan
  • Reply Title Icon

Goody2ShoesGoody2Shoes LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-08-20 00:23:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Select your machine from the home screen.
    From the drop down menu on the top right side, select wash cycle.
    On this screen, choose the download cycle option.
    Once you have chosen a cycle, select the star. This will set this cycle as a favorite. 
  • Reply Title Icon

fordmaxwellfordmaxwell Member
    Posted on 2018-08-29 20:03:42 edited August 2018 Vote Up15Vote Down
    Got a new LG OLED TV 65C8 PUA, which looks and works great. One problem: I cannot login on the Smart ThinQ TV App. No matter what I try, the app returns this error:

“<!> Failed to log in. Login information not valid.”

I have confirmed the login info for LG Smart ThinQ (which is a sep acct from my LG acct), tried removing & reinstalling the TV app, tried deleting and recreating the login info using the Smart ThinQ iPhone app. Same error regardless.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Skeet1973KenHameLTyroneWilliams
  • Reply Title Icon

enzosolenzosol Member
    Posted on 2018-09-03 02:14:36 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am from the Philippines. How do I connect my UK6500 TV to the Smart ThinQ app? I couldn't find any TVs on the Add (+) option. 
  • Reply Title Icon

ssalasssalas Member
    Posted on 2018-09-09 23:13:59 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Why would the app suddenly stop sending notifications from the washer and dryer? I have deleted it from both phones and reinstalled. That did not work. The app shows the status of the machines they are connected. 
    Clyde
  • Reply Title Icon

rudy479rudy479 Member
    Posted on 2018-09-23 15:11:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have a Window AC Unit Model # LW1017ERSM Serial # 712TAZFCM685.
    I can't find the Wifi Network password to so i can use with the app. All i see is this LGE_AC-XX-XX-XX network. Can someone please help me out here.

Thanks.
  • Reply Title Icon

cmfoldscmfolds Member
    Posted on 2018-11-22 00:00:55 Vote Up15Vote Down
    My app keeps saying I need to login.  The only option is to retry which ends up back at the same error message.  I’ve even deleted the app and reinstalled to no avail!
    hmc_14thuanTyroneWilliams
  • Reply Title Icon

PhonicsPhonics Member
    Posted on 2018-12-24 09:01:08 Vote Up5Vote Down
    My app updated itself and deleted the registered products? How do i get them back without having to re register every product?

Sorcerer_Shayne
  • Reply Title Icon

ConfiableConfiable Member
    Posted on 2019-01-03 20:57:51 edited January 3 Vote Up10Vote Down
    Hello. I have LG TV OLDED65C8PLA. I tried to access this from SmartThinQ App but there are not any TV available (only washigm mashines, air conditioners and so on). Is there any way to see the TV from the app? I need it to connect it with Amazon Echo Dot.

ViPetreTyroneWilliams
  • Reply Title Icon

kutale12kutale12 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-07 13:47:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Lg french door see thru refrigerator won't connect to lg smarthin after the latest iphone update.
This discussion has been closed.