Skip to Content

All my photos don't show up on my computer when I connect my VG10 phone to download my photos

I am trying to connect my LG V10 phone to my Windows 10 computer to download my photos.  I successfully found photos under VG10, DCIM.  However, when I compare t…

All my photos don't show up on my computer when I connect my VG10 phone to download my photos

Posted on 2018-08-14 21:46:05 Unlocked Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I am trying to connect my LG V10 phone to my Windows 10 computer to download my photos.  I successfully found photos under VG10, DCIM.  However, when I compare the photos that show up on my computer to what I can see on my phones gallery, I'm only getting about 80% of the photos, scattered throughout the gallery.  How is this possible?  Why can't my computer see all the photos?  The only workaround I've found is to email the missing photos to myself, which is very time intensive.

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: All my photos don't show up on my computer when I connect my VG10 phone to download my photos

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-19 16:46:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi.

Are you using any streaming services where the photos may show in the app without being physically on the device?  Things like Instagram or Google Photos may be included in the gallery app, but are actually stored on that company’s servers.  So, when you connect the phone to the computer, it can see the physical files, but none stored in other places.

Another thing to check is the SD card.  When you connect the phone to the computer, does it give two options for Internal and External?  If yes, there may be photos on both the internal memory and on the SD card, depending on which app you used to take the photo.

Also, screenshots or downloaded photos may be stored in different places.

Try to check some additional folders and see what you find :). Let me know how it works out!

Thanks,
    ~Ryan