Skip to Content

OLED77C8PUA picture larger than the TV screen with HDMI ARC port

I am using the HDMI ARC port and the picture is bigger than the TV screen on my LG OLED77C8PUA. There are no issues when I use the HDMI 1 or 2 ports.

OLED77C8PUA picture larger than the TV screen with HDMI ARC port

Posted on 2018-08-19 04:51:40 OLED TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I am using the HDMI ARC port and the picture is bigger than the TV screen on my LG OLED77C8PUA. There are no issues when I use the HDMI 1 or 2 ports. I've tried all the picture options and have searched the other settings but find nothing that will help to reduce it to a normal size. 
I've attached a picture of what the satellite guide looks like when we are using the HDMI ARC port.
Please HELP!

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: OLED77C8PUA picture larger than the TV screen with HDMI ARC port

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-19 19:41:16 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi.

On your TV, the hardware is the same for each of the inputs, so I would think settings are involved.  I know you’ve already worked with the settings, but I would do an AV reset, and just get things back to the default.  I can be more help if we start there.

Resetting the AV is easy.  Press the Mute button on your remote 3 times quickly to open the quick options screen.  AV reset should be the Red color button (on your remote).

Let me know if anything changes after you do that.

Thanks,
    ~Ryan
  • Reply Title Icon

WickedStepMomWickedStepMom Member
    Posted on 2018-08-20 03:59:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This problem has been solved by doing two things:
    1) Did a factory restart on the LG OLED77C8PUA. It showed that the HDMI cable was already plugged into the HDMI ARC port but the picture was still too big. The plus to this restart was that I now had sound out of the HDMI ARC port to the AV for Plex, Chromecast, and YouTube where prior I only had it through a combination of the TV's internal speaker  and the Optical cable from the TV to the AV.
    2) Then discovered that the Onkyo HT-RC260 receiver had a video button and when it was pressed found numerous settings and the current was WIDE ZOOM. When it was changed to NORMAL, the picture on the TV was perfect!

The next issue is with the Onkyo HT-RC260 receiver. I've had two different televisions connected to this receiver and closed caption doesn't work. When not connected to this receiver, closed caption works on both TVs. The current TV has been connected once through the TV's HDMI1 port and now to the HDMI ARC port and no closed caption either way. The remote to the Onkyo does not have a CC button. I'm going to see if anyone can help with this issue if I can find an Onkyo Community.

Thanks for reply.
  • Reply Title Icon

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-20 06:01:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Great!

I'm happy you were able to get it worked out, and have a clear next step. 

Thanks for sharing your experience :)
    ~Ryan