Skip to Content

How to reduce App size on 27" LG 27MK400H-B

Windows 10 Pro  /  27" LG 27MK400H-B

How to reduce App size on 27" LG 27MK400H-B

Posted on 2018-08-23 20:44:15 LED Monitors Vote Up0Vote Down
Windows 10 Pro  /  27" LG 27MK400H-B
I'm using this display in my factory to display work orders, provide access to the Internet and so on. The problem is that all applications, like Firefox, Word, Excel are Huge on the screen. I had assumed that they would be normal size when I bought this, and we could get more apps on the screen. Is there a way to resolve this? - Help appreciated,  IM

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How to reduce App size on 27" LG 27MK400H-B

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-08-24 21:42:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi.

That's a common misconception.  The size of the app on the screen is dictated by the resolution rather than the screen size.  Your monitor is Full HD (1920x1080), but it sounds like you were expected 4k resolution (3840 x 2160).  If your old monitor was, say, 19" with resolution 1920x1080, and you upgrade to a 27" 1920x1080, it can fit the exact same amount of apps onto the screen, just much bigger since there's more screen size to spread it over.

However, since you have a larger screen, you can zoom out in most apps and still have the content be legible (definitely in excel, word, and web browsers).  Most apps support Holding the Ctrl button down while either scrolling your mouse wheel down, or pressing the "-" key on your keyboard (just after the zero key).

That will make the content inside the app smaller.  Then you can resize the app window to make to entire app take up less room, which I think will accomplish what you want.

It's also possible that your resolution is set less than what the monitor is capable of, but that's unlikely since computers generally output at the largest size available (if supported by the graphics card and the display).

Let me know if that does the trick for you!

Thanks,
    ~Ryan