Skip to Content

LG Cinema Home Theater LH-885XBH Firmware Update Issue

Hey guys; I looked and searched topics about this question, but could not find anything useful. (If there is one, my bad, I apologize for that). 

LG Cinema Home Theater LH-885XBH Firmware Update Issue

Posted on 2018-09-01 15:53:32 edited September 2018 Home Theater Systems Vote Up0Vote Down
Hey guys;

I looked and searched topics about this question, but could not find anything useful. (If there is one, my bad, I apologize for that). Wink

OK. I have a lg home theater LH-885XBH (called Apollo 1st generation) - 3D Capable (manufactured for middle-eastern by LG, as you may know not the world edition).

the device was showing the new version avaiable, but there is no new version could be downloading via the internet, so i did a local search in my region and found and installed the software update via USB sticker but! that's the problem (NO Driver!, Driver version was gone and showed only squres!!! and the Devices LCD showed LDR NG) so i have updated twice double time even with the Loader/Driver but NOP, the same problem and the Optical drive with the "Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Eject" didn't work with the message of "LDR NG" on the device LCD.

Finaly I found the same model for the player with the same numbering *.zip file for the BD670 just as like as my home theater but the blu-ray player of the world edition. Happy but after updating the device doesn't function, No controls and after booting, loops on the message of "PLEASE WAIT". Oh wrong update! now the device is unuseful‼ Sad playing audio file via USB stickers got no audible voices! surrounding system doesn't play audio! I mean speakers got no sound! Plain

tips:
◘ Is there any factory based software for IC Programming? or anything like that?
◘ Or what if I get a BD670's remote controller? Does it work at all?!

hey guys, what can i do? Any suggestion?

thanks in advice, ☻
sincerely, Hamed!

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Cinema Home Theater LH-885XBH Firmware Update Issue

RyanRyan Administrator
    Posted on 2018-09-03 01:53:16 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hi.

No, we don't have anything publicly available for flashing ICs.  It sounds like the firmware wasn't compatible, it may not be recoverable without replacing the main board.  Can you try to update back to the firmware you found specifically for your device?  Or is the UI too unresponsive to start the update?

Thanks,
    ~Ryan
    hamedg93
  • Reply Title Icon

hamedg93hamedg93 Member
    Posted on 2018-09-03 17:17:58 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi Ryan, thanks for the answer.

the devices firmware version is "HB.8.97.422.E" , but the current updated version is "DB.8.97.424.E", I have found the latest version "HB.8.97.423.E" but couldnt downgrade / update to that version.
    UI looks like unfunctionable as there is no functioning on Remote controller, but the Update procedure and playing musics are working without any controls that you could do anything!

the guy at the service center said they can flash the IC with the programmer, but i'm not sure if that could help me!
  • Reply Title Icon

hamedg93hamedg93 Member
    Posted on 2020-01-12 12:49:53 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi there, 
    Where can I buy a Main Board for this Model ? (LG LH-885XBH)
    thank you.