Skip to Content

G5 Volume Fluctuations

Starting in June, my G5 (AT&T, got January 2017) started doing this thing where when I'm listening to music or other audio, it will periodically lower the volume (without recognizing that it's lowered on the volume slider) and sometimes occasionally pause whatever I'm listening to/watching.

G5 Volume Fluctuations

Posted on 2018-09-02 02:54:09 AT&T Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Starting in June, my G5 (AT&T, got January 2017) started doing this thing where when I'm listening to music or other audio, it will periodically lower the volume (without recognizing that it's lowered on the volume slider) and sometimes occasionally pause whatever I'm listening to/watching. Sometimes the volume change happens and corrects itself within a second or two, other times I'm left at a lower volume for a minute or so. I looked this up when it started happening - people said it only happened when something was plugged into the aux jack, however this happens to me whether I'm using headphones or connected to Bluetooth. The only fix for me I have found is to factory reset the phone - however 2-4 weeks later inevitably the problem comes back. I'd like to stop having to reset my phone every month in the event something ever goes wrong with that. Any suggestions, or will I need a new phone?

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: G5 Volume Fluctuations

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-04 14:07:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @erinmostowfi, Good day,

I'm sorry you are having issues with your G5 audio. What software version do you currently have? Does this happen when using a specific music or video player app? or does it also happen on browser content or other apps? Does it happen for all files or only a specific format

Have you tried cleaning out the headset jack in case there is debris affecting the connection? when the volume drops, do you see any notifications?

• Reply Title Icon

RE: G5 Volume Fluctuations

erinmostowfierinmostowfi Member
    Posted on 2018-09-08 18:41:38 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @Alexander I am running Android 7.0 with software version H82020t. It happens with basically all of my apps that use audio, ie the pre-installed music app, Spotify, youtube .I haven't tried browser content but I just restored my phone last week so the problem isn't happening at the moment but I anticipate it might start happening in a few weeks like last time so I could try that then. I haven't cleaned the jack because it happens while I am connected to Bluetooth so I assumed it was unrelated. I don't get any notifications when it happens .Thanks!