Skip to Content

just brought LG55SK8000PUA (1 week) ago, now having sound drops

Hello, I just brought the LG 55k8000PUA model TV a week ago (8/27/18).

just brought LG55SK8000PUA (1 week) ago, now having sound drops

Posted on 2018-09-07 18:18:31 Super UHD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

Hello,

I just brought the LG 55k8000PUA model TV a week ago (8/27/18). It played well for a couple of days then all of a sudden I'm staring to get intermittent (approx. every 30-45 mins) sound drops. It sounds like a word would be "bleeped" out. It keeps it's volume. But it does it no matter what I'm watching. The only set-up changes I've made was: Picture-Ultra to Super Ultra, Sound mode: Dolby Digital and Internal speakers only. I updated Netflix. I have an set top box connected and cable, both using Rocketfish 4K Ultra HD HDMI cables. Is this a new problem?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: just brought LG55SK8000PUA (1 week) ago, now having sound drops

Posted on 2018-09-07 18:33:21 Vote Up5Vote Down
    @wcthunder, Good day,

I'm sorry you are experiencing issues with the sound on your TV. If its happening no matter what type of content you are listening, such as Netflix, your cable box or another HDMI input or Cast, it could be the speaker themselves, or else I would suggest to check the cable connection. You can try checking for a software update, or changing the sound settings, but if the issue continues, I would recommend checking with the store of purchase about their warranty options.
    wcthunder

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

wcthunderwcthunder Member
    Posted on 2018-09-07 19:17:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    thank you for your quick response. I'll check tonight.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2018-09-07 19:18:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    oh did I mention that my son is having the same problem? He doesn't own a LG TV.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2018-09-27 15:41:40 Vote Up0Vote Down

follow-up: I had a cable tech come by to check out the cable system. He claims there where loose connections from the wail to the cable terminal box outside. They were old and worn. he fixed that and it seemed to stop issue sound dropping issue. BUT, he switch my HD box to an "upgraded" box. This new bow would not allow me to play ULTRA HD DEEP COLOR mode. It was NOT compatible (as the pop-up window explains). My old box was compatible. After complaining to my cable provider, they issued me they're top brand box. It works fine. Now, I need to figure why it plays with a "tunnel" (s in tunnel vision) effect.