Skip to Content

LG V30 Bluetooth skipping

Ever since the Oreo update, Bluetooth audio has been skipping. It is worse when the screen is on, but it still occasionally happens when the screen is off.

LG V30 Bluetooth skipping

Posted on 2018-09-17 20:56:33 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
Ever since the Oreo update, Bluetooth audio has been skipping. It is worse when the screen is on, but it still occasionally happens when the screen is off. It has gotten to the point where trying to listen to audio via Bluetooth is almost unusable.

Audio works fine through the headphone jack. I never had bluetooth skips prior to the Oreo update.

I have tried 3 different headsets and one car audio system. They all experience skips. I have done a factory reset and rebuilt my phone as new. I still experienced skips.

I had AT&T RMA my phone and give me a new one. It still experiences bluetooth skips.

I have tried all the "remedies" available online via google (e.g. clearing cache on the bluetooth service). None of them have helped.

If you do a web search, there are a number of people online who have the exact same issue. This certainly feels like a software problem with the Oreo update.

LG: are you aware of this issue? What are you doing to fix it?
Tagged:

8 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG V30 Bluetooth skipping

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-09-19 21:51:23 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    There was another update in June after the oreo update, have you updated?
    bkraemer
  • Reply Title Icon

bkraemerbkraemer Member
    Posted on 2018-09-24 22:29:37 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes. I am running the latest release (and security patch level).
  • Reply Title Icon

bkraemerbkraemer Member
    Posted on 2018-09-28 20:17:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Does LG actually acknowledge (and/or care about) this issue?

If LG does not plan on addressing it, is it possible to downgrade back to Nougat?
  • Reply Title Icon

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-09-28 21:26:27 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hello @bkraemer

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your device. We will send this over to our teams for review. I'll update you as soon as I hear any more information.

Thanks,

-Ahmed
    bkraemer
  • Reply Title Icon

bkraemerbkraemer Member
    Posted on 2018-10-22 18:34:39 Vote Up0Vote Down
    So did you all look into this?

This is extremely frustrating to not be able to use Bluetooth audio on my $800+ phone.

What is LG doing about this?
  • Reply Title Icon

bkraemerbkraemer Member
    Posted on 2018-11-08 18:14:59 edited November 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Well I guess I have my answer. LG does not care about their customers. They are willing to let customers spend $800+ for a product that doesn't work with a key feature.

Based on everything I've tried to resolve this issue on my own time, and the lack of support from LG, the only option left to me is to vote with my wallet. So long LG, you'll never get another dollar from me. I regret purchasing your product.
  • Reply Title Icon

chinadogdavechinadogdave Member
    Posted on 2018-11-18 02:28:23 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I am having the same issue, bluetooth connected to my car keep unpairing and pairing every few minutes. There's a message on the phone that says something to the effect of "bluetooth has stopped working". This has not been an issue until the OP /security patch updated just recently. I have performed all the recommendations per various blogs and posts without results. There is no question that the update caused this problem! All of the websites I have visited have many users with exactly the same issue, and seeing that people were bringing this to LG's attention months ago, I can't comprehend why it has not been fixed. No excuse! Please respond with some encouraging news! 
    LG G6 / T-Mobile
    Oreo update 
    bkraemer
  • Reply Title Icon

Spk105Spk105 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-08 17:50:03 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My LG V30 has the latest update, and I've noticed that when I have the Fitbit app installed is when I started having the Bluetooth Audio skipping issue. I have the Fitbit Versa linked to my app, and I believe it uses the bluetooth to send notifications to my watch. I think the issue lies within any apps that use the Bluetooth connection to send/receive information from hardware connected to it.