Skip to Content

BP350

Within last 3 months, Blu-ray player will not connect to home wifi although all other wireless devices will/are connected.  Router has been restarted, I've disconnected power,  and performed factory restore.

BP350

Posted on 2018-09-24 21:26:14 Help & Troubleshooting Vote Up0Vote Down
Within last 3 months, Blu-ray player will not connect to home wifi although all other wireless devices will/are connected.  Router has been restarted, I've disconnected power,  and performed factory restore. I'm taken to a screen where IP and DNS info is to be entered, whereas until recently, I selected our network name, entered password, and player automatically connected. 

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: BP350

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-10-05 15:28:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    For the wireless network connection, the player needs to be set up for network communication. This adjustment can be done from the [Settings] menu. Adjust the [NETWORK] setting as follow. Setting up the access point or the wireless router is required before connecting the player to the network.
    1. Select [Connection Setting] option in the [Settings] menu then press ENTER.
    2. Read the preparations for the network settings and then press ENTER while [Start] is highlighted.
    3. Use ▲/▼ to select a desired SSID of wireless network and press ENTER. If you have security on your access point, you need to input the security code as necessary.
    4. If asked to set IP address and DNS you should select Dynamic  and AUTO and press next 
    If for any reason you are unable to do the above, you should try a to factory reset your Blu-Ray player and try again. If that does not resolve the issue, you should contact LG customer support.

Thanks,

-Ahmed
  • Reply Title Icon

teeare1teeare1 Member
    Posted on 2018-10-22 07:44:26 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My daughter has Blu Ray model BP350 in her bedroom that we purchased in 2015. About 4 months ago, it lost connection to our home wifi, although all other devices in our home connect with no issues. Our wifi has no limits with number of connections or data. I've become frustrated searching for a solution. Yes I've restarted router, unplugged and performed factory restore on blu ray. 
  • Reply Title Icon

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-12-14 20:32:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It sounds like something abnormal is occurring with this device. I recommend you contact LG Customer Support for troubleshooting options.

Thanks,

-Ahmed