Skip to Content

LG G5 - phone randomly starts playing audio through phone speaker while connected to bluetooth

I have an LG G5 H830. I've been using a Sony MDR-XB50BS headset for bluetooth for about half a year now. The two worked fine together up until a few weeks ago.

LG G5 - phone randomly starts playing audio through phone speaker while connected to bluetooth

Posted on 2018-09-26 14:44:37 Cell Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an LG G5 H830. I've been using a Sony MDR-XB50BS headset for bluetooth for about half a year now. The two worked fine together up until a few weeks ago. Now, while listening to audio through bluetooth (either the basic Android music app or my Podcast grabber, BeyondPod), the phone will sometimes stop sending audio over my headset and start playing it through the phone speaker. Very annoying when I'm in a quiet public space!

Strangely, when this happens my headset can still control the audio (Play / Pause button, volume, track switch) and the phone shows that I'm paired. The only way I can get the audio to be re-routed through the headset is by unpairing and reconnecting the headset in the settings menu or by turning it off and on and having it automatically reconnect. I don't think it's a problem with the headset alone because I am able to pair it with my laptop and listen to audio without this problem. Neither the headset or the phone is low on battery when this happens.  This may happen more frequently when the phone is in my pocket or otherwise doesn't have a direct line-of-sight with the headset, but I'm not sure.

My system and app updates are all up to date (which is probably the problem).
Tagged:

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG G5 - phone randomly starts playing audio through phone speaker while connected to bluetooth

MayaLGMayaLG Member
    Posted on 2018-11-21 22:04:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    There sounds to be a compatibility issue with the device and Bluetooth. Unfortunately, if the device receives any updates, this can change compatibility with third-party applications.