Skip to Content

My LG WT7600HWA washer dispenses the bleach too late in the wash cycle to be effective

Instructions on the liquid bleach container call for a minimum wash time of 10 minutes once the bleach added to be effective.

My LG WT7600HWA washer dispenses the bleach too late in the wash cycle to be effective

Posted on 2018-09-28 18:52:27 Washers Vote Up0Vote Down
Instructions on the liquid bleach container call for a minimum wash time of 10 minutes once the bleach added to be effective. Accord to the owners manual it says the washer will sense and automatically dispense the bleach at the optimum time based on the size of the load. Unfortunately the computer program is doing this 5 minutes before the end of the wash cycle which is too late.
My questions are:
1) Is there a way to manually dispense the bleach sooner.
2) If not, what is the work around? 
3) Or does the software the program have a glitch that needs updating?
Tagged:

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: My LG WT7600HWA washer dispenses the bleach too late in the wash cycle to be effective

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-26 20:53:59 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hi @Leming22 your unit may require some maintenance cleaning because the problem i see here is that the dispenser is not dispensing the bleach properly. Maybe that's why it appears to come into the unit just 5 minutes to the end of the cycle which is not accurate.

You will need to clean the dispenser following the explanation in the videos on this link here hhttps://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000010-1337625498762-does-not-dispense

This may not be a software issue, it may actually be a maintenance issue.