Skip to Content

G7 Moisture detection Error

So ive had the G7 for about 3 months now. Past three days the detected moisture message has been on which disables the cable charger.

G7 Moisture detection Error

Posted on 2018-10-06 15:44:19 Sprint Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
So ive had the G7 for about 3 months now. Past three days the detected moisture message has been on which disables the cable charger. The phone never met any water in its life and ive clean out the port with can compressed air. I just want to know ideas of what I can do.
Tagged:

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: G7 Moisture detection Error

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-10-08 20:45:26 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hi @n0b0dyspecial

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your device. I recommend trying out the options below.

You can try to clean the charging port with  a dry cotton swab or a dry brush

You can also try a factory data reset, (this will delete all your information on the phone) but it will reset the phone.

If that still does not solve the humidity detector, you are welcome to send the phone in to our repair facility to have a tech look at it. https://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-service/schedule-repair-us

Thanks,

-Sanmi
    n0b0dyspecial
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: G7 Moisture detection Error

n0b0dyspecialn0b0dyspecial Member
    Posted on 2018-10-10 23:45:13 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @sanmi well as of yesterday my port is completely fried. I can only use a QI Charger now. I don't know if a fried port would fall into warranty though.