Skip to Content

How do you add additional registered users to your Washer or Dryer

I want all 5 people in my home to be able to control the washer & dryer.  Also want them to get push messages when their loads are done.  In the Smart ThinQ app it looks like you can have multiple registered users of your products but I can not for the life of me find anyplace where you can add them.

How do you add additional registered users to your Washer or Dryer

Posted on 2018-10-07 18:27:32 Laundry Vote Up0Vote Down
I want all 5 people in my home to be able to control the washer & dryer.  Also want them to get push messages when their loads are done.  In the Smart ThinQ app it looks like you can have multiple registered users of your products but I can not for the life of me find anyplace where you can add them. Is it as simple as having them get the app and try to hook the washer & dryer to their app?  Seems weird... all the LG apps, Blogs and Website are disconnected and do not share Identity information across them....  Thanks for the help.

8 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: How do you add additional registered users to your Washer or Dryer

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-10-08 18:54:03 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hi @RandomJohnson

The feature of having a unified account across all LG Apps is what LG have been working on. SmartThinQ will be the unified app in the future and very soon you will be able to setup multiple users that can receive such push notifications.

I will encourage you to always update the app whenever there is an update because the features will soon roll in.

Thanks
    Sanmi
    bjamin82
  • Reply Title Icon

whazlewowhazlewo Member
    Posted on 2019-03-12 05:09:41 Vote Up5Vote Down
    @sanmi
    Is there any update on this? I don't want to go through the process of adding all my products again.
    Queenoid
  • Reply Title Icon

QueenoidQueenoid Member
    Posted on 2019-03-21 15:43:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I, also, would like to add registered users!
  • Reply Title Icon

nmancer61nmancer61 Member
    Posted on 2019-06-15 16:05:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It is just completely ridiculous that only one member of the house hold can manage and get notifications for the washer and dryer? Is this some cultural and/or sexiest biased that only one person does the laundry in the house or a technical oversight?
  • Reply Title Icon

ramseyloveramseylove Member
    Posted on 2019-06-26 14:48:48 Vote Up0Vote Down
    How do we vote this feature up or add this to a feature request?! There is not only one person who does laundry in this relationship
  • Reply Title Icon

ReignReign Member
    Posted on 2019-06-30 14:23:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Here is what you can do & it worked for me. This should allow at least 2 people to (maybe more but haven’t tried) monitor the washer & dryer. 
    Downlaod the app, create an account & connect your washer & dryer. Have the second person download the app & sign in with the other persons account & poof! You can both be signed in at the same time & get your notifications ect....
  • Reply Title Icon

bjamin82bjamin82 Member
    Posted on 2019-07-29 20:05:07 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Where are you with this? 
  • Reply Title Icon

KineKine Member
    Posted on 2019-08-22 20:21:27 Vote Up0Vote Down
    It will be one year from the "very soon" and I see no feature like this in the app. My roborock vacuum have it from beginning and working. Why not LG? When we can expect feature to share device between family members?