Skip to Content

LG Stylo 4 - beeping, screen flashing, home button flashing circle pulse

I have an LG Stylo 4 through MetroPCS.

LG Stylo 4 - beeping, screen flashing, home button flashing circle pulse

Posted on 2018-10-21 02:52:13 T-Mobile Phones Vote Up0Vote Down
I have an LG Stylo 4 through MetroPCS. Over the last few days when I unplug the charger the phone starts beeping every few seconds, the screen flashes and the home button pulses with a circular pulse around it. I have no idea why it started to do this all of a sudden, and I don't know how to make it stop. I've double checked every possible setting I can think of, I've used the original charging cord and plug, as well as other cords & plugs, and nothing has stopped it from happening. The phone has been both fully charged and not when removed from the charger. The only way it stops is to restart the phone... which gets really old every time I remove it from the charger!!!!

Anybody have any idea what the heck is going on??

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: LG Stylo 4 - beeping, screen flashing, home button flashing circle pulse

ChellowChellow Member
    Posted on 2018-10-23 16:55:34 edited October 2018 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Blank
    Nair
  • Reply Title Icon

ChellowChellow Member
    Posted on 2018-10-23 21:20:35 Vote Up-5Vote Down

Well I think I resolved it. That beep is from my low battery notification even though it was full. This are the steps to get turn off or reset the low battery notification.

1.    From any home screen, tap Apps.

2.    Tap Settings.

3.    Scroll left to 'General' , then down to Battery & then click Battery saver.

4.    Tap "Extend" Mode.

5.    Close the Settings page.

6.    Tap on top of your phone and scroll down.

7.    Select and hold the battery icon (Android System) then tap on "More Settings".

8.    Select  "Low battery".

9.    Turn off all the options you see.

10.  Close the Settings page.

11.  Restart you phone

12. My phone stopped beeping at this point.  I done all the steps again and turned all the Low battery option on. again beeping didn't come back on.

Nair
  • Reply Title Icon

ChellowChellow Member
    Posted on 2018-10-24 14:03:12 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Beeping nosie came back.
    Nair
  • Reply Title Icon

BuddhaClausBuddhaClaus Member
    Posted on 2018-12-31 06:29:33 Vote Up10Vote Down
    I'm still having the same problem. Restarting it solves the problem until I plug it in again. As soon as I unplug it again, the screen dims, and a circle pops up from around the home button. No beeping, but if I have the phone on silent, it vibrates every time. I can't find a solution to this anywhere, and can't find anyone else even talking about it.
    Whubblerjfly
  • Reply Title Icon

WhubbleWhubble Member
    Posted on 2019-01-06 15:07:57 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Im have the same problem my original thought was that i had downloaded a app and someone was listening to me and i have a microphone blocking app and i turned it on and it stopped
    sorensonjo
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-01-21 18:33:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My problem was that the phone thought it was being charged still on and off every 5 seconds and thought it could have been screen protector but turned out had dirt in charging port .

• Reply Title Icon

rgriggsrgriggs Member
    Posted on 2019-02-06 14:24:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    This just happened to me also.  Anytime the phone is NOT plugged into the charger, it continuously beeps and the screen dims/brightens as if the charger is being connected/disconnected.  I think this is a hardware failure.  There is no dirt in the charging port - I checked carefully with a magnifier.  I've only had this phone for 2 months!  FAIL!
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2019-02-10 06:03:42 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Not with TMobile - but my phone has started doing this same thing!  I'm thru Xfinity - had phone less than 6 months.  with this many having same issue - could it be related to recent update?
  • Reply Title Icon

vaperjvaperj Member
    Posted on 2019-02-10 12:19:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Im having the exact same issue with my lg stylo four it ia now to the point i have to reset my phone 10 ylto 15 times a day my screen goes off and did do the the noise that my phone makes when hooking or iunhooking a charger starts going and will not stop until after i reset the phone ( power off power ) on ! Has anyone heard from LG are they gonna fix or do i have to drop lg after 4 phones and go samsung?
  • Reply Title Icon

sco3ttsco3tt Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 22:08:06 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mine started doing this same thing in November, but in the past couple of weeks it stopped and now the phone seems back to normal.  AFAIK there have been no firmware or OS updates from LG so the only thing I can attribute it to is that I switched to a different charger and cable around the same time.  Is it possible that the chargers/cables LG provides are garbage and are somehow the root cause of this problem?

I also had another charging-related problem that I haven't seen anyone mention:  While the phone was plugged in and charging, it would constantly (like literally every minute or so) show a notification with an annoying sound effect that could not be turned off.  I think it is the same notification you normally get when you first plug it in to charge (which is expected), but it was like the phone thought I needed to hear that same notification each time the battery level gained another one percent.  So I had one annoyance while it was on the charger and a completely different one (the one everybody else is talking about) as soon as I unplugged it.  Both problems went away after I started using the new charger/cable however.

This is not a recommendation or endorsement, but just as a data point here are the charger and cable I'm using now:

- Anker Dual Port 12W Wall Charger (Item B07DFWKBF7 on Amazon.  Supports fast charging too.)
    - BRG USB C cable (Item B075GVX49J.  I'm using the 6' cable from this 3-pack, haven't tried the others.)

Has anyone else tried a different charger and cable, or are you all still using the OEM set?  Also, has anyone else experienced the second problem (constant audible notifications while charging)?

• Reply Title Icon

sco3ttsco3tt Member
    Posted on 2019-02-14 22:15:45 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Also, I want to be clear -- I am NOT saying that using a different charger/cable will necessarily fix your issue, I'm only asking if anyone else has tried a different set in order to help gather more data about the problem.  Don't rush off to Amazon to buy the charger or cable I mentioned and then be upset if the problem continues.
  • Reply Title Icon

izee1670izee1670 Member
    Posted on 2019-02-17 23:23:46 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the LG V35 Thinq and it is having the same issue, phone is about 4 months old. Turned the notification volume down to stop the annoying beeping. Started with a restart, then reboot in safe mode with no success. Finally performed a factory reset and the screen flashing as well as the beeping restarted immediately after the phone finished loading restarting with no apps installed. The issue appears to be either with the hardware or the last firmware revision. At this point the wireless charging no longer works and the phone will not take a charge without getting rebooted. This is unacceptable for such a new phone.

• Reply Title Icon

OPinSDOPinSD Member
    Posted on 2019-02-20 22:04:41 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Seriously WTF can LG **** respond with a solution. The Stylo 4 is huge disapointment, having to resrt my phone everytime I unplug it is ridiculous and impossible to get any support for ut from LG.
    lgme
  • Reply Title Icon

NairNair Member
    Posted on 2019-02-21 01:54:45 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Same here too. LG STYLO 4. Its really annoying. Beeping and flickering. I am able to mute the beeping by lowering the 'Touch feedback & system' volume adjustment. This can be accessed by pressing the volume button and pull down various volume control.
    LG should come up with a solution to this major issue. Tried all the possible options in Developer mode also. No luck. PLEASE FIND A SOLUTION SOON FOR US.....
    lgme
  • Reply Title Icon

NairNair Member
    Posted on 2019-02-22 20:54:28 edited February 2019 Vote Up0Vote Down
    FOUND A TEMPORARY SOLUTION to this issue:

CHANGE SCREEN RESOLUTION TO 'LOW'

Go to Settings > Display > Screen Resolution
    Change to low (1440x720)

Feb 27th 2019 UPDATE: The above solution is temporary. Problem came back again. I have to keepkchange the resolution. i am using MetroPCS. I am not sure this issue is only for Metro phones.
    Expecting a permanent solution from LG