Skip to Content

Remove No Signal message from screen saver

i love the various screen savers the tv shows with the almost picture like frame round it .. but can you turn off the actual no signal banner ? 

Remove No Signal message from screen saver

Posted on 2018-10-22 13:10:53 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
i love the various screen savers the tv shows with the almost picture like frame round it .. but can you turn off the actual no signal banner ? 

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Remove No Signal message from screen saver

bradyb23bradyb23 Member
    Posted on 2018-11-14 13:58:38 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I have the same question (and have seen in posted by others as well).  Are there any LG engineers monitoring this who can provide a fix, or elevate this to create a toggle in the next release?  It would also be great if the speed with with the photos switched could be (significantly) decreased.
    DenysM
  • Reply Title Icon

jaymonjaymon Member
    Posted on 2018-11-22 21:31:29 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I've been looking all over on how to solve this as well. Can i please turn off the 'No Signal' Notification!
    LGHDTVUser
  • Reply Title Icon

LGHDTVUserLGHDTVUser Member
    Posted on 2018-11-25 14:54:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same issue. 
  • Reply Title Icon

DerkDerk Member
    Posted on 2018-12-23 22:10:23 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Same issue. Bump
  • Reply Title Icon

austinharry95austinharry95 Member
    Posted on 2019-03-06 01:45:33 edited March 2019 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hey everyone!  I figured out a workaround.  Press the Home button on the remote (picture of a house on the button), scroll to the right to find Photo and Video, Click Sample Photo, select a picture (I only have 4 sample photos, choose any one), there will then be a play button and it will begin the slideshow without any pestering No Signal message!!   And of course, this leads to the possibility to add your own beautiful photos to play a serene slideshow with.  you can also even start the Music Player (click OK button on slideshow and youll see the music note).  Hope this finds you well.
    gjohnsonRichardBBHypnosii
  • Reply Title Icon

thebestsinthebestsin Member
    Posted on 2019-06-19 00:19:17 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Under your home where you see netflix Hulu etc, go to Gallery. You will see all the arts yiu would like to play and it will olay the pictures for you. 
    RichardBB
  • Reply Title Icon

RichardBBRichardBB Member
    Posted on 2019-06-19 13:25:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Using the photo & video option is not really an useful workaround as you to manually go and start it.

What is needed is an option to disable the no signal message, as you can disabe the no signal images.
    Also to the option to use your own images from My Gallery would be great.
  • Reply Title Icon

SUBstandardSUBstandard Member
    Posted on 2019-06-28 15:39:30 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Yes, it would be very useful. you can switch the pictures off when you have no signal, but not the text. The option to be able to toggle either would be very nice, even if it was behind and advance menu.
  • Reply Title Icon

mauimailmauimail Member
    Posted on 2019-08-24 07:53:04 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Is anybody listening? This is a very valuable fix LG. You make a beautiful screen saver, but it’s ruined by the “No signal” message. I know there is no signal. It’s been telling me for an hour. I’d fix it if I wanted to look at something different. 🤦‍♂️
  • Reply Title Icon

slantslant Member
    Posted on 2019-09-16 03:59:28 Vote Up0Vote Down
    100% agreed! This is such an eye sore. At least offer the ability to disable the message for those of us who are a bit more tech savvy and understand that the screen saver means no input. PLEASE! Almost everyone who comes over to our house and sees it comments on the message being disappointing.
  • Reply Title Icon

sherlockqqsherlockqq Member
    Posted on 2019-09-20 10:35:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I’ve sorted it.  Press home button scroll along till you get to gallery press on that DONE 
  • Reply Title Icon

sherlockqqsherlockqq Member
    Posted on 2019-09-20 10:38:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
  • Reply Title Icon

BigVernBigVern Member
    Posted on 2019-09-22 08:57:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Works and plays music, but still a manual requirement each time?
  • Reply Title Icon

GoldeloxGoldelox Member
    Posted on 2019-09-29 20:56:13 Vote Up-10Vote Down
    You can disable this message in the settings of the TV: Go to All settings > General > and then disable the "Image no signal" option. Launch the Gallery application from the homescreen and choose paintings to show or download new ones :)
    FlyGuyUKfenster3000
  • Reply Title Icon

FlyGuyUKFlyGuyUK Member
    Posted on 2019-10-01 11:15:56 edited October 2019 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I've Google searched the internet for this problem and ended up at this site.

The previous post does not solve the problem, it only removed the pictures. To clarify, what we are are looking for is to keep the screen saver picture frames but to lose the "No signal....." message. But to do it on power up of the TV without having to go in to gallery apps.

COME ON LG ENGINEERS, this would be a fantastic option (enabled through the settings menu) to power up the tv in to a picture frame wittout the No Signal message??? Lots of people are wanting this.
    SeanKent