Article Guidelines - How to Write Articles for LG Community Forum
LG Community Forum Articles provide a detailed support and how-to help for users and highlight the expertise of community leaders. Articles are an efficient way to help answer questions, give tips and provide advice.
To create an article, you must be a Power User. The power user levels are Contributors, Experts and MVPs.
- To become a contributor, you must achieve at least 80 points and have 10 helpful scores on the community.
- To become an Expert, you must achieve a total of 150 points, 25 helpful scores and 20 articles.
- To become an MVP, you must achieve at least 300 points, 40 helpful scores and 50 articles.
If you are not a Power User, you can send your article to a Power Users for publishing.
- Article must be written for end users, non-technicians, consumers who can follow the troubleshooting article to resolve any issue they are experiencing with any LG product.
- Article must be accompanied with picture or videos as necessary in order to aid the visual understanding of the content.
- Content must be at least 600 words and non-plagiarized on another website. Blog posts from existing websites except writer's personal blog post are not acceptable.
- The content can be technical and well document to the level of an average technician who needs to repair or replace parts that will not cause defect to the unit.
- Content must be specific to one LG Product group, for inclusion in that product community. Content may either be technical or non-technical.
- The tone of the content must be professional, consumer-oriented and focused on helping the reader understand how to troubleshoot the problem as opposed to issues of personal or non-business nature.
- The content must follow the LG Community Forum's Code of Conduct or Terms & Condition.