Skip to Content

Home screen rotation G pad x 8.0

Android 7.0  software version v52020f So, I bought this for a particular use where it will be installed horizontally [landscape]

Home screen rotation G pad x 8.0

Posted on 2018-11-02 20:21:09 edited November 2018 Tablets Vote Up0Vote Down
Android 7.0  software version v52020f

So, I bought this for a particular use where it will be installed horizontally [landscape]
When I received it I set it up so the screen was locked in landscape with the LG logo to the left, the full sized USB to the right, and locked it this way. The apps, home screen etc all stayed this way.
No problem.
So, several weeks, a month later, I did something, ran the battery out, something, and now, I cannot get the screen to behave the same way.
I can download a screen lock app, but it locks landscape the opposite way, which is not what I wanted.
Google launcher app will get it the right way round, but individual apps will flip the screen how they wish and if I lock it, it locks the home screen in portrait.
I did not know home screen in landscape was an unusual thing, but apparently it is.

I am doubting myself, but I am pretty sure the home touch  buttons also rotated to the bottom of the screen in lanscape which they do not do at all now.

any ideas?

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Home screen rotation G pad x 8.0

tablet2018tablet2018 Member
    Posted on 2018-11-05 22:19:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I installed 'ultimate rotation control' app and solved the problem but does not answer the question of why it happened
  • Reply Title Icon

tablet2018tablet2018 Member
    Posted on 2018-11-09 00:41:31 Vote Up0Vote Down
    dual screen support is also completely missing as is ability to modify qslide

the forum is pretty worthless

anyone know any forums where one can get an answer
  • Reply Title Icon

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-06 15:58:52 Vote Up0Vote Down
    @tablet2018,  Good day,

When dragging the notification down, there should be an option for screen rotation. If that is turned on, the screen will rotate again. Another reason could be if there was a software update that could toggle the feature to its default setting.