Skip to Content

WM9000HVA leaks from bleach dispenser

I've narrowed down a leak in my front loader to the cycle point where water flows into/through bleach dispenser.

WM9000HVA leaks from bleach dispenser

msfmsf
Posted on 2018-11-03 16:09:48 Washers Vote Up0Vote Down
I've narrowed down a leak in my front loader to the cycle point where water flows into/through bleach dispenser. Water will fill end up filling both the bleach dispenser and softener dispenser.  I can hear the water run inside the machine and then water's running out from under machine. Any info available on a fix that doesn't require a service call?
Tagged:

1 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: WM9000HVA leaks from bleach dispenser

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-19 20:19:54 Vote Up-5Vote Down

Dispenser leaks are normally caused by the following:

• Obstruction in the dispenser or dispenser compartment.

• Detergent or additive buildup in the dispenser.

To fix this:

You need to clean the detergent dispenser properly; this simple step is mostly underestimated. Tiny debris, which are not easily visible do not take much effort to prevent proper dispensing, and cause the compartment to overfill and leak. 

The steps are also performed in our instructional video on  How to Prevent Leaking Issues.

Remove the detergent dispenser 

Pull out the dispenser towards you until it stops. Locate the depressed tab between the bleach and softener compartment. While pushing down on the tab, pull the detergent trayout from the washer.

After removing the dispenser tray,look inside the compartment to see if anything is obstructing the flow of water into the drum.

Remove the detergent dispenser

Rinse and clean with water and brush. 

Once the detergent dispenser is removed from the washer, disassemble the inserts from the tray, and clean each of the components with warm water, and a soft bristle brush.

rinse the dispenser with water

Replace the dispenser back. 

After the detergent dispenser is cleaned and rinsed, re-assemble the inserts, and replace the detergent dispenser into the washer.

Replace the dispenser back
    Shelah