Skip to Content

Unknown Device Disconnected pop up

I have read many discussions regarding the pop up message that appears on my tv every few minutes “unknown device disconnected “.

Unknown Device Disconnected pop up

Posted on 2018-11-05 01:06:52 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
I have read many discussions regarding the pop
up message that appears on my tv every few minutes “unknown device disconnected “. Is their a fix from LG on this? 

Best Answer

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Unknown Device Disconnected pop up

Posted on 2019-12-09 15:13:51 Vote Up0Vote Down
    If you are experiencing and problem with Wi-Fi Disconnecting, Wi-Fi turned off, or Unknown Device Disconnected, Please send me a message here: https://lgcommunity.us.com/messages/add, with the information below to schedule a service appointment to get this resolved.

Name:

Address:

Phone number:

Model Number:

Serial Number:

Date of Purchase:

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

15 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

ConejoConejo Member
    Posted on 2018-11-12 02:44:32 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My tv is doing the exact same thing done everything that I seen here. And on other blogs and still the same 
  • Reply Title Icon

HamieHamie Member, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-04 16:08:09 Vote Up-20Vote Down
    Hello lbertran,

Let's try hard reset.
    Make sure the tv is ON, Do a hard reset.
    1. Turn it off, and unplug it from the power outlet.
    2. While the unit is turned off, look for the power button on the unit itself, press and hold it for about 15 seconds. 
    3. Unplug all devices connected at the back of the unit. Let the TV rest for about 1 minute, then turn on again

Thank you.
    BondkapuanildzynerboyTheMikeX
  • Reply Title Icon

timroynhtimroynh Member
    Posted on 2019-01-04 02:49:17 Vote Up0Vote Down
    My TV just started doing this last month.  WiFi no longer works but Ethernet works but I can’t stream anymore as it constantly disconnects.  I am at wits end.  I put it in store mode and disabled pop us and then put it back in home mode.  Pop ups still occur.  I refuse to leave it in store mode because that’s means I can’t disable soap opera effect.  What are my options?  Is my tv board broken since WiFi is broken and Ethernet streaming is no longer working?  This may be my last ever Lg device.
  • Reply Title Icon

timroynhtimroynh Member
    Posted on 2019-01-04 03:41:25 Vote Up0Vote Down
    LG India support said my wifi card is bad and the problem but since I’m outside one year by a month I’m out of luck and will need to pay for a repair.  That’s the last LG product I ever buy.  I Can’t believe you have to be in store mode to disable pop ups.  What a piece of junk.
  • Reply Title Icon

JamalofLGJamalofLG LG Moderator
    Posted on 2019-01-04 21:43:07 Vote Up-5Vote Down

Hi everyone,

I'm gathering data to escalate this issue. Can everyone post your model and firmware version and any notes you think may help isolate the cause. Thanks!

Bond

Did this resolve your problem? Let everyone know by selecting "Helpful"!

• Reply Title Icon

silentmeowsilentmeow Member
    Posted on 2019-01-05 01:40:14 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have posted in several spots and will post here also since the moderator asked for info. My model is 55UJ6300 and the firmware was the latest one. I have reset it. The WiFi says turned off. I have done everything suggested. The tv was a year old in October. It was fine until the latest update and then it couldn’t find my WiFi then we turned everything off (router) and tv and still no luck. Unplugged tv and then it showed up as WiFi was off. Turned off quick start ,didn’t help. Did reset didn’t help.
  • Reply Title Icon

BondBond Member
    Posted on 2019-01-05 13:56:20 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have done everything here and nothing works and all the apps arn't working properly including netflix and youtube 
  • Reply Title Icon

jckazjckaz Member
    Posted on 2019-01-05 21:53:47 Vote Up15Vote Down
    My TV has the same problem, at the beginning there was only a message that it had disconnected from the network and it had reconnected, this happened once a week and it was only those two messages, in November the messages from an unknown device were I began to appear sporadically, in December the messages come out every 10 minutes, my wifi is disconnected and I can not activate it, I connect by cable this gives me access to the internet but in minutes I lose it again which makes me use Netflix, Amazon Video and YouTube are practically impossible. In addition to this the remote control stops working, the cursor does not appear on the screen and the response of the buttons has a lag that makes it impossible to use it and a couple of weeks ago the TV restarts after the messages go out without stopping for several seconds. I would believe that this is a hardware problem as this affects the wireless communication of the remote control, so I think it is a problem with the wireless card, my TV is still under warranty but I want to know if it is a problem of software also since I see that several indicate that the problem was presented after the firmware update.

TV: 55SJ8000
    Software Version:  05.80.15

Greetings from Peru!
    Torrard08mizel20lismarie
  • Reply Title Icon

jckazjckaz Member
    Posted on 2019-01-05 22:01:05 Vote Up0Vote Down
    In adision of my previous comment, I have connected to the TV cablebox, PS4 and Xbox. I have done everything that indicates to do a hard reset, disconnect all connected devices, disable the SIMPLINK. I have used the TV without any connected device including the network cable, antenna, optical, etc etc and it still gives me the same message and problems.
  • Reply Title Icon

JJ57JJ57 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-09 21:06:28 Vote Up5Vote Down
    I have the LG 65UJ6300 which my wife bought on Thanksgiving 2017, so this TV is 13 1/2 months old. Has a 1 yr warranty (which I feel is ridiculous for an $800 TV). I too am experiencing the pop up message about unknown device has been disconnected (annoying). BUT, I have a more serious problem recently too. The screen sometimes goes blank when I change the channel, but still have audio. Also, sometimes, it seems it does a quick "reset" without doing anything while watching it. Another problem, seems WiFi isn't good enough or not working at all, but my computers and cell phones etc never experience a problem. What give LG? Willing to help a disabled senior citizen out here? My 10 yr old 55" Panasonic still performs like it did new. 
    Torrard08
  • Reply Title Icon

jholmeslcswjholmeslcsw Member
    Posted on 2019-01-12 03:23:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am still having this problem.  It is very annoying
  • Reply Title Icon

silentmeowsilentmeow Member
    Posted on 2019-01-12 23:25:10 Vote Up0Vote Down
    The way I got rid of the annoying message was to go into store mode,go to settings, general and scroll down to the bottom once in store mode you click on the menu on the left and you can turn off the store settings ,the screen will be brighter though. Techs are supposed to be working on an update.
    If you can hook up to Ethernet cable you can have internet. I am not close to my router so I used a Fire stick and that works.
  • Reply Title Icon

ericschlaiferericschlaifer Member
    Posted on 2019-01-16 01:31:54 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I know store mode hides those messages...but the TV looks like garbage in that setting. My 7700 just started doing this a couple days ago starting with the unknown device, then lan disconnected now it randomly reboots as well. I have a teach coming Saturday from LG, hopefully they have a fix.  Most recent firmware does this as well as one the one previous to this.
  • Reply Title Icon

jts628jts628 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 19:03:18 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Mods, any update on a potential fix?  In addition to the wifi and "unknown device" issues, i have image freeze and stutter now on netflix, youtube and broadcast tv, and netflix buffers more or less all the time, although Amazon Prime video is still good, and the tv is generally slower and less responsive across the board.  It is pretty clear that the last firmware update was a disaster.

If nothing else, can we have a way to rollback to a prior known to be good FW?
  • Reply Title Icon

dmcshane08dmcshane08 Member
    Posted on 2019-01-21 21:41:19 Vote Up0Vote Down
    same problem I have a 55uh6150.  All other devices in house can use wifi. How can we go back to before update?