Skip to Content

UBK90 bluray player ATMOS HDMI out for Netflix

How do I configure the UBK90 player to watch Netflix with ATMOS. I separate the audio and video out to separate HDMI.

UBK90 bluray player ATMOS HDMI out for Netflix

Posted on 2018-11-17 05:52:42 Home Video Vote Up0Vote Down
How do I configure the UBK90 player to watch Netflix with ATMOS. I separate the audio and video out to separate HDMI. I have the video connected to my OLED tv, when I play Netflix, it recognize as Dobly Vision. My audio is connecting to a soundbar which support ATMOS. When I play a bluray disc, the ATMOS signal is passing to my soundbar. However, when I open the Netflix app, it doesn't recognize as Doby ATMOS. please help. Thanks.

3 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: UBK90 bluray player ATMOS HDMI out for Netflix

AlexanderAlexander LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-19 15:46:54 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    @vcllvc, Good day,

On your TV are your connected with the ARC HDMI port? Another option is to have your TV connected to the sound system with an optical cable and ensure your TV output settings are set correctly.

Here are a few things to check while ruining Netflix to ensure ATMOS plays correctly.
    https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066
    vcllvc
  • Reply Title Icon

vcllvcvcllvc Member
    Posted on 2019-05-31 04:59:24 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I think the issue is the player doesn't pass through the audio in bitstream. The Digital Output  in audio setting from the menu only have 3 options "auto", "PCM-Multi CH" and "DTS Re-Encode" I don't see either Bitstream or DB Atmos as an option. ARC will not work as I've explained in the previous post. Please let me know if I am missing something, or it requires firmware update.
  • Reply Title Icon

jimtwohigjimtwohig Member
    Posted on 2019-06-26 17:50:02 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I have the same questions as vcllvc.  I have a UBK90 player and a 65" C8 OLED. Can I stream Atmos content from Netflix through either of these devices to my Atmos-enabled receiver without loss of signal?  I do not want to use ARC or optical cable as these compromise the Atmos signal.  Please help.  Someone at LG must know the answer to this question, and I fear that it is no, these smart devices cannot stream Atmos directly.  Thanks.