Skip to Content

49UJ6300 won’t consistently connect to WiFi network??

TV constantly drops signal, sometimes during actual streaming? Tried everything I’ve found in discussions to only temporary results.

49UJ6300 won’t consistently connect to WiFi network??

Posted on 2017-12-02 13:54:28 4K Ultra HD TVs Vote Up0Vote Down
TV constantly drops signal, sometimes during actual streaming? Tried everything I’ve found in discussions to only temporary results. Network is more than ample, as I have no other issues with other devices. Anyone have any ideas??
Thanks
Tagged:
Dreamchaser7694

5 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 49UJ6300 won’t consistently connect to WiFi network??

pats46pats46 Member
    Posted on 2018-01-15 16:01:17 Vote Up2Vote Down
    I kind of have the same problem...
    TV is working fine until the network drop randomly (usually when streaming google play or netflix). When it drop, if I go to the parameter I cannot see my network anymore and cannot connect it back. All my other devices on the same network are working fine. A power off/on is not enough, I have to unplug the TV completely to get the WiFi back. 

When the problem happens, if I connect the wired ethernet, they it's ok. It really seems a problem with the wifi adapter.

I call support, they ask me to do a reset of the TV and check if the wired ethernet works when the problem happens. I call them back with the result, but now they are not able to help. The best answer I got was your router have to be within 10 feet or plug the wired ethernet. Which is not a good solution for me. This TV is 5 weeks old, it should be working!

I'm sure it's a LG software problem, because when the TV works there is no network problem. 

JohnR
  • Reply Title Icon

pats46pats46 Member
    Posted on 2018-01-15 16:03:41 Vote Up10Vote Down
    others have the same problem, they did a youtube video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN3egUlmZnc
    Dreamchaser7694JohnR
  • Reply Title Icon

JohnRJohnR Member
    Posted on 2018-04-29 03:08:11 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Having the exact same issue. Streaming locks up often and TV blames it on a network issue. Hate having to reset TV overy other day just to try and finish a movie or show. Others have the same issue, so it is the TV. Very frustrating that we paid foe a defective product.
  • Reply Title Icon

afreehaufafreehauf Member
    Posted on 2018-06-16 14:09:29 edited June 2018 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I am having the exact same issue. If I want to watch streaming content, I first have to un-option my Wifi setting, then select my Wifi connection and re-enter the password. I do this each and every time I turn the set on. Seems to be a known problem that LG chooses to ignore. I will NEVER buy another LG product. I cannot believe that LG just ignores all of these complaints and refuses to address this issue.
  • Reply Title Icon

Posted on 2018-06-17 06:13:09 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Having same issues - My LG TV has stopped connecting to the wifi. I either get 1) Wifi is turned off or 2) connection times out and I am prompted to retry and end up going around in circles. This symptom began about 4 months ago. And yes it is extremely annoying. 

What is LG doing about resolving this issue.