Skip to Content

65SK9000PUA Worst TV experience to date: Product and Customer Service

My father purchased an LG 65SK9000PUA 65” 4k TV as a gift for my family and I.

65SK9000PUA Worst TV experience to date: Product and Customer Service

Posted on 2018-11-21 00:17:24 TVs Vote Up0Vote Down

My father purchased an LG 65SK9000PUA 65” 4k TV as a gift for my family and I. We had just moved in to our new home that was a typical nightmare bank foreclosure that we renovated, mostly by ourselves. He wanted to help us  out after the large burden we undertook with our first home.

We enjoyed the TV and it performed to our expectations. Then, on November 10, 2018 (27 days after purchase) I noticed 3 cracks varying in 1-3 inch lengths at the bottom of the TV, all originating from the same spot about 1/3 of the length from the right side of the TV. The night before this damage was not present. It is very noticeable when watching TV and would have been spotted easily. We noticed the cracks the instant we turned the TV on the next day. The cracks have gotten slightly worse in the past 1.5 weeks. More smaller cracks appeared plus the larger ones grew in length slightly. 

The cracks are under the top layer of screen on the TV. The exterior surface is completely unblemished. After initial Set up the TV was touched minimally and not touched at all the week preceding the appearance of the spontaneous cracks. The TV never experienced any trauma or damage while in our possession. During the first week or 2 we set up our input devices but didn't touch the TV after that. There was no reason to touch the TV that 3rd week at all. 

Upon noticing the cracks I called the Best Buy the TV was purchased from and was directed to an employee. I told him about the situation and he understandably told me since I was out of the return/exchange period there was nothing that could be done. I asked to speak with a manager and he told me he was the warehouse manager, customer service manager, operations manager, etc. manager. The highest of levels of managers so there was no use needing to speak to anyone else. I then asked to speak with the store manager and immediately he knew she was at lunch at around 4pm. I feel like I was getting blown off, the customer service was terrible, and his statements were most likely untrue. 

Not only did I have endure that level of customer service I also found that not only was my TV defective but the price of the TV had been reduced by $400 less than a month after we purchased the TV. Now I am stuck with a broken TV that my dad paid $400 more than it's new retail price. After being blown off by the Best Buy Employee I decided I would try to go through the manufacturer.

I have been frustratingly been dealing with LG customer service for a week and a half now. All I have been helped with is being referred to use their various customer service methods. Their online service request is broken and I cannot schedule a technician. The Facebook support chat refered me to multiple 3rd party repair service providers, none of which operate in my area or on the TV model I have. The phone service has been the worst of them all. I am constantly being told they will call me back within an allotted time. Which they never do and when I end up calling them back they again tell me they will call me back in some allotted amount of time. Which again they do not call me back. Rinse and Repeat. 

This must be joke because after LG customer service failing to call me back in the allotted time again I called them back. I was given the phone number for a service technician. I asked them to email me the number so I can save it but they were unable to even do that. They sent an email on LG format that was blank. The joke of it all was who they referred me to for a technician. The service technician is for HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, and air conditioning)... I have a defective TV.  LG customer service is a complete joke. I truly believe they shoot to lead you around till you give up and just take it.

I am thoroughly disappointed in my experience in general with Best Buy and LG concerning this TV. I know there is lots of fraud out there but, if it holds any weight, I can honestly attest to the fact that the TV experienced no trauma or excessive force while in my possession. I believe the TV was possibly sold to me defective and it took 3 weeks for it to become noticeable. Such as a car windshield progressively getting worst over time. Or there really was a manufacturer's defect that is causing the screen to crack. But with how terrible LG customer service is I cannot even get a technician in to evaluate it.

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: 65SK9000PUA Worst TV experience to date: Product and Customer Service

AhmedLGAhmedLG Member
    Posted on 2018-12-21 16:34:23 edited December 2018 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hello @gnortiz22

I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing issues with your LG TV. I understand that these issues can be extremely frustrating and trying. Generally LG warranties do not cover physical damage, as it could have been caused by a small fracture spidering out over time. One tiny stress fracture on an important part of glass can cause the whole thing to slowly start cracking over time.  If you would still like to have your TV repaired, you can try to schedule a repair again through our customer service line. You can find there number at the following link: https://www.lg.com/us/support/telephone. If you continue to experience issues with LG Customer Support, on your next call ask for a case number and please provide it to me. With a case number I will be able to hopefully provide some solutions for you.

Respectfully,

-Ahmed
    loyalcustomer
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: 65SK9000PUA Worst TV experience to date: Product and Customer Service

loyalcustomerloyalcustomer Member
    Posted on 2018-12-29 05:36:27 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    I would like to thank you so much for  being a professional representative and showing some concern . If I was 'undercover boss' of LG , I would make you assistant CEO . I will get
    Over my ' loss ' in good time , but getting a ' responce of concern '  really will help me to not
    carry this inside for the rest of my days !  You sir , are truely a Pro .
    Again , thank you and take care 
    Paul B. 

bgbrown125