Skip to Content

Smart remote not able to register "zero" digit for channels

I just purchased an LG 65SK8000 with the AR-MR18BA LG Smart Remote. I have cable tv service connected through the AV.

Smart remote not able to register "zero" digit for channels

Posted on 2018-11-23 15:49:42 edited November 2018 TV/Audio/Video Accessories Vote Up0Vote Down
I just purchased an LG 65SK8000 with the AR-MR18BA LG Smart Remote. I have cable tv service connected through the AV. The top box I have is a simple Motorola DCT700. 

I was able to successfully register the smart remote with my Motorola DCT700 cable box. It seems to function well, I can change channels using the up/down channel buttons, manually clicking the channel number, and using the LG tv guide menu. 

The problem: when i manually press the zero button on the smart remote, it doesnt register (the light on the remote will blink when i press down on the button, but it wont register on the tv). So if i want to navigate to channel 105, or 190, i cannot. The same thing happens when i use LG's built-in tv guide menu, if i try to navigate to channel 105 on the tv guide menu, the tv takes me to channel 15. It is as if neither the remote or the webOS software can register the zero digit. If i use my cable box remote, i have no problem entering 105 and the tv will change the channel to 105.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there anything i can do to fix it? This is frustrating since there are a lot of features i cant use if webOS cant handle channels that have the zero digit in them. 

2 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Smart remote not able to register "zero" digit for channels

HamieHamie Member, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-12-13 16:36:58 Vote Up-5Vote Down
    Hello newlguser1,

Would you like to email LG?

Thank you.
    zammer
  • Reply Title Icon

RE: Smart remote not able to register "zero" digit for channels

zammerzammer Member
    Posted on 2019-02-21 20:55:47 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Hamie--I've tried repeatedly to use the form in the link, but it won't SUBMIT, always saying about the box next to the capcha code "A picture is required," though I have entered in that box the correct code.