Skip to Content

Front load washer model wm2150hw loud spin cycle

The washer has been a good product for me.

Front load washer model wm2150hw loud spin cycle

Posted on 2018-11-25 22:56:46 Washers Vote Up0Vote Down
The washer has been a good product for me. However after I used a recommended cleaner to get rid of a mildew smell it’s been spinning great, but with a very loud hollow sound while spinning. One time would never hardly hear it spinning. Not off balance, no squeaks, pings etc. Just loud and hollow. Afraid it’s going to take out a wall if it decides to takeoff. Lol. Any suggestions? Concerns?

4 Comments

• Reply Title Icon

RE: Front load washer model wm2150hw loud spin cycle

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-26 15:10:35 Vote Up5Vote Down
    Hi @gedison looking closely at the description of  this loud hollow sound while spinning, the only thing that should have caused this if the unit is off balanced but you are very sure that the unit is balanced with brings us to the assumption of checking your bearings by a technician. How old is the unit? I will recommend you call a technician to check this out to ensure that the unit is running smoothly and it wont takeoff as you describe lol, let me know if you have more details.
    gedison
  • Reply Title Icon

gedisongedison Member
    Posted on 2018-11-27 23:42:29 Vote Up0Vote Down
    Thanks! It’s def not off balance. Just extremely loud and fast. Bearings maybe. It’s 9 years old. Just found my warranty and calling them. Thanks again. G
  • Reply Title Icon

sanmisanmi Administrator, LG Moderator
    Posted on 2018-11-28 16:37:00 Vote Up0Vote Down
    You are welcome @gedison
  • Reply Title Icon

stargoshstargosh Member
    Posted on 2019-11-11 23:51:43 Vote Up0Vote Down
    I had the same problem on my 10 year old unit.  I called a trusted repairman; he said it was the bearings , and it would be a very expensive fix.  Said to use it until I couldn’t stand the noise anymore.  After 2 months, I threw in the towel and bought a new one.